Failed Inspection for Uneven Braking, Please Help...

ocelot

Sep 18, 2004
I went to get inspected and thought I was going to fail for emissions, but since I was overdue I figured i'd give myself the 45 day fail period to fix whatever they found and not get a ticket for overdue inspection. So I went in, and they didn't even check my emissions, but I failed for uneven braking. The lady said the rear was weaker, as well as uneven compared to the braking power of the front. This is a picture readout of the cars braking. Is there any sort of adjustment I can make or are we talking about replacing parts here? When I got the car the guy said the brakes were just done so I dunno what the deal is.

brake.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

- Brian

• Sponsors (?)

you might not need to buy new parts, but you do need to get them inspected

there's alot that can go wrong with the brakes (uneven brake pads, warped rotors, stuck or leaking calipers, proportioning valve, gunk in the lines) so it's pretty hard to diagnose over the net :shrug:

I would just start with the basics. New pads are cheap enough, start with them. While you're putting them in, clean everything in sight and make sure the sliders aren't sticking or corroded. Check the rotors for rust, especially on the inside, if bad-replace them. Then a thorough bleeding-flushing of the brake lines won't hurt. This should restore the rear brakes, if not, then the master cylinder should be looked at.