FAST™ EZ-EFI™ Self Tuning Fuel Injection Delivers Easy Carb-To-EFI Conversion

Have you seen this new EFI from Fast, it could be an alternative to the Retrotek BossEFI :)

New system features “self tuning” mode for simple and affordable plug & play installation

ez-efifuelinjection-T.jpg

Fear not fuel injection fans. FAST™ has just made it easier than ever to convert your engine from carburetion to fuel injection with the new FAST™ EZ-EFI™ Self Tuning Fuel Injection System. The most important feature of this amazingly efficient system is the self-tuning operation that does not require chasing components, expert tuning experience or a laptop computer to tune. Simply hook it up, answer the basic set-up Wizard questions on the included hand-held display, and the system truly tunes itself. The FAST™ EZ-EFI™ Self Tuning Fuel Injection System is a totally complete system including the ECU, wide-band oxygen sensor, wiring harness, fuel injectors, fuel pump kit and other assorted components, including the innovative new 4150 Throttle Body from FAST™.

The FAST™ 4150 Throttle Body delivers the total package approach for anyone with an existing 4150-type intake manifold. Everything comes with the throttle body, including appropriate fuel injectors and fuel rails. In addition, it works with the original carb-style linkage and is ready to accept all OEM sensors. Available with injectors in four different flow rates to tune the system specifically for your engine, this well-engineered and high performance-intended product is a true plug & play system that will satisfy the requirements of FAST™ XFI™ engine controllers and all other major systems.

For more information about the FAST™ EZ-EFI™ Self Tuning Fuel Injection System, the 4150 Throttle Body, or any other FAST™ product, call us at 1-877-334-8355, or visit us online at www.fuelairspark.com.

• Sponsors (?)

As I said in the Retrotek thread, I contacted FAST about their system last week. I spoke to Dave and he said it would not be available until late in the summer. One good thing it has going for it is FAST's reputation in the efi world and I have no reason to believe this system will not work as well as the rest of their efi components. Now for the negatives on this system;
1. It is for fuel control only, their is no ignition control available.
2. It is not compatible with super/turbo charging if you are inclined to go that way.
3. It lacks the retro carb style so it does not look as "at home" on the classics.
With that all said, I still believe it will be a good system if you can live with the few negatives listed.
David.

I just installed this system on a Classic Bronco

This system has a lot of potential, but I am having a few little issues.

1st issue) not getting the fuel milliage I got with my carb, close but still lower than with my carb

The techs at fast have been helpfull, and we have got the milliage to come up from 10 mpg to now close to 13 mpg, but I got close to 15 with my Holley Carb. I am going to lean out the cruise air fuel ratio a little bit more, and see if thatgets me where I need it to be.

2nd issue) a small little cold starting issue

It starts right up. but it has a slight stumble when you give it any throttle untill the collant reaches 140 degrees. To me it looks to be a over rich issue, untill the coolant temp reaches 140 degrees and the ECU goes into the learning mode. As soon as the adaptive learning kicks in, the stumble immediattly goes away. I think there may be a software download to solve this issue. If you just let it idle till it reaches that temp there is no stumble, but if you even tap the gas pedal you get that stuble. If you watch the hand held controler when it does that you can see it goes from 13.5 air fuel, to 10.0 airfuel when that happens. If you do the same thing after 140 degrees, the airfuel does jump so rich by just apping the gas pedal.

Other than those issues it runs awesome, but unless we can solve these issues it isn't going to stay on my truck

pics

FastThrottlebody5.jpg

FastThrottlebody7.jpg

I've been folowing the ez-efi for quite a while now, most users report huge TQ increase and a sizable increase in mileage, I was going to buy one but got a killer deal on a powerjection 1 (with ignition control).

I'd be looking at your ignition curve/timing as properly tuned the ez-efi should beat even the most finely tuned carb in mileage and throttle response, it does flow 1000 cfm though. How do your plugs look?