Fastest you have gone in your fox body?

138 in 4th gear! Radar verified by my good friend who is State Trooper, it was his idea, wanted to see what it would do.

Would have went faster, but at 130, the car sucked down, felt like there was 2 inches between me and the road, and it was pitch black outside, that was enough for me. That was 11 years ago, haven't been past 90 since.

• Sponsors (?)

130 ....stoped it one i was getting scared....two a turn was coming up...three with it being a vert it was sounding like a roof of a trailer was being ripped off with the wind coming through the seams of the top sounded freaky

I found one of my GT just cruising along on the autobahn doing 110mph, I need to waste some gas in it today to prep it for shipment, I'll see if I can get a better pic...but the roads are wet and cold right now.:(

Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_847.jpg

Attachments

• Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_847.jpg
    Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_847.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 81
I took a 600 mile trip in my car and was cruising at about 90-100mph the whole time. At one point I was messing around with another car, and just kept my foot down in 5th, last time I remember looking at the speedo I saw 130, then I saw the semi switching into my lane a few hundred feet up so I slowed down. Had tons of room and power to go more, not too much more gear though, id say I could get her in the high 140's.

i can charge to 130 ish on this highways bridge we have here. 2 lane bridge and late at night you can get it with no cars half the time. if theres cars on it i charge to 100 and let off.

for a stock car it seems to pull pretty hard. i can get 100 in 3rd, and then hit 4th and it just keeps climbing. its pretty smooth too.

I believe it 150, chasing down 3 Camaros that went flying past me. It was late evening, I was heading home from work. I always call my wife before I would leave. I was just getting on the freeway when the 1 st Camaro went by @ 100+. I told myself to be mature & to leave it. When the 2nd went by, I said I am being tested, but just leave it. When the 3rd one went by, I said that's it, I going to have some fun & hunt them down. I just had to see where they were going in such a hurry. When I caught up, we each took a turn leading. When I took the lead I started pulling away. Had to slow down due to the exit/interchange of freeways. When I walked in the door at home, my wife looks @ her watch, then says to me "How did you get home so quick, and why do you have that big grin?!?" I just responded, "You don't want to know".

Lems

I'm figuring mid 160's.
Keep in mind, my car makes very little low end power, makes it all up top.

.64 OD, with 3.73 rear.
Looooong stretch of barren highway, racing a stage 3 neon. Wierd race, i have him easily to 125, and the drop in rpm from my 4th to 5th is extreme, so around 130mph he was catching me, quickly. Then around 150mph i started to stretch it out again.
My speedo has been professionally calibrated, and is a saleen 170mph speedo. Too bad the numbers are too small to focus on, at that speed, last rpm i looked at was just over 5100rpm. And my tach is fairly accurate since i have a shift light to verify it.

Another time i toasted a transmission racing a c5 vette on the highway, took it to about 150, and when the race was over the trans was squeeling like a bitch.

One time the old man and I were on our way back from taking a few trips down the quarter and were in open country, had good visibility for about 5 miles. Just picture open farmin country with a completely flat road and nothing but golden rolling hills on either side. The ole man has an 03 cobra which is the only reason I verified my speed. Said we just climbed over the 160 mark when he shut down... I had 3.27's at the time and was very impressed with the stability at those speeds.

Mods in sig. 85mph speedo, but had it to 5k in 5th. Put my tire size, gear ratio, etc. into a calculator online and it said 154, but that's kinda hard to believe for my stock motor car. It was still going too, just ran out of straight road.

Mods in sig. 85mph speedo, but had it to 5k in 5th. Put my tire size, gear ratio, etc. into a calculator online and it said 154, but that's kinda hard to believe for my stock motor car. It was still going too, just ran out of straight road.

Read online (which I know isnt always true) that someone said they went 147 in their stock car, and another verified with a 145. This was said to be the max of an all stock car. I would not be surprised with a few exhast bolt ons to get 150 IN OPTIMAL conditions...