Fastest you have gone in your fox body?

• Sponsors (?)

That's the number that independent tests usually came up with too. Stock Fox Bodies are drag limited somwhere between 135 and 140 mph. Speeds much higher than this can usually be attributed to speedometer error, which can easily be 5%.

I did 125 in my car on the way home from picking it up with the top down. The only reason I let off was the whistling from the windshield, was a tad bit loud. The 150 was after having lots of mods done, top up. I do have a calibrated 160 speedo, compared with GPS; I'm pretty sure I'm very close to <1% error.

Lems

That's the number that independent tests usually came up with too. Stock Fox Bodies are drag limited somwhere between 135 and 140 mph. Speeds much higher than this can usually be attributed to speedometer error, which can easily be 5%.

I did 125 in my car on the way home from picking it up from the dealer, with the top down. The only reason I let off was the whistling from the windshield, was a tad bit loud. The 150 was after having lots of mods done, top up. I do have a calibrated 160 speedo, compared with GPS; I'm pretty sure I'm very close to <1% error.

Lems

my old POS buick lesabre, kinda scary, my friend was in front of me and he hit 146 in his ttop N/A supra with phone pics. I've hit 135+ pretty damn easily in my dads lincoln LS, gets up on the top end and it handles like a beast so its was pretty damn smooth, I have one run on my video phone from 20-135 of the speedo. I think almost every time I have driven that car I've got it to 90+, mostly on this huge straightaway that is 4 lanes across and empty at all times just outside of my GF's neighborhood.
buick.jpg

Attachments

• buick.jpg
    buick.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 83
I'll see if I can get a better pic...but the roads are wet and cold right now.:(
I just had her up to 140mph on the autobahn, still not going above 3/4 throttle in 5th...figures I didn't have my camera on me:bs:

I'm still babying the car, I just had it rebuild and I'm worried about the tune

I need to put my summer tires on next time, going 140 on 205/60/15 snow tires mentally just didn't seem smart:nonono:

140+ The needle hit and passed 140 a little. The car kept picking up speed so I'm not really sure. I remember that day. (mid 1990's) My brother and his friend were with me (seatbelts were used) and they about soiled themselves. It was great. :D

Fastest I've ever gone....hmm....

P.

(below the 140 on the speedo, it says MPH) Needle was on "P"

Of course I couldn't verify exactly what speed, but thats what it said. 3am going across a 7mi bridge, no other traffic, flat road. Grabbed 3rd coming out of the tunnel and ran up every gear. Just could NOT go any faster. Gears topped out. I decided to let off when the road humped ahead and I didn't wanna fly off the road. Car was amazingly stable though. This was in my old '89 that had a 306, e-cam, E/L Shorty headers, off-road H, CAI, 5-sp, 3.27 rear.

About 140 mph - 0.68 OD, 3.73s and 25" Z-Rateds. I have the Canadian 180km/h speedo, it was long buried at the odo reset button. Probably pulling about 5700 RPM..could have gone faster but my turn was coming up...and I didn't want to kaboom my engine on my way to storage.

i hate that im 3 pages late to this thread, but ive only had my stang 1month before getting it upto 115 in a street race aginst a SVT focus... i dont have an E-brake so that was a little scary.. i didnt think the pettle break was gonna stop me in time.. i have the cobra breaks and Disk all the way around..

about 95 before i let off yesterday racing some late 80's z28. :D
(best part about it was that my wife was in the car, and before we took off from the light I looked over at her and said "this could get interesting".)

In the '00 GT i used to drive I got up to about 125. All I've got to say is, high school, fast and the furious, and late night. Not a good combination.

somewhere around 100-130
I was running super late for work and didnt want to get fired.

I made a 27 mile drive in ~ 12 minutes.

Car felt fine with the MT DR's and Kuhmos. I just finished the 99 GT brakes so slowing down was easy.

I've hit 150+ based on rpm, I'm going to get a digital speedo calibrated, but the attached pic is where i hit.

It's an EDITED photo, just showing How Far.

Attachments

• where.JPG
    where.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 138
February 1997. Ex-wife asleep in the passenger seat, on vacation in ex-mother-in-laws 95 GT ragtop(roof up), left Carlsbad Canyon State Park, New Mexico, headed to El Paso. I think the sign said 166 miles, if memory serves. Made it to my mother-in laws house in El Paso in an hour and thirty seven minutes. Don't know top speed(never looked at speedometer that long, learned not to from Derek Bell at Road America- he said it was irrelavent), but not a bad average. I love Texas.