Finally got a new Stang.

Numbles

Dec 10, 2003
Chicago, IL
After parting out the 95 we finally got rid of it last night. Using a cherry picker to hold up the rear of the car by the trunk latch, we wheeled the car over to the flatbed and sent it on its way. It was a shell. No rearend or anything. And today I go pickup the new one.

93 lx notch. I know the previous owner of the car that had it previous to the person who has it now. The person Im buying it from. He did all the mods. h/c/i 3.73, full exhaust. lca's. Then only thing I have to do to it is put my tko600 in it. The trans in the car has a bad 2nd gear syncro. Here's a pic from the ad. I will have better pics up later.

1376308671.169378083.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Let me know what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

The car has basically the trick flow kit with an e-cam in it. Full exhaust. 3.73. MSD Ignition. TKO with bad syncro in second. I will be selling the trans soon as my tko 600 will be going in. Its a t-3550.

The car flat out hauls compared to the vert I used to have. This car has heads and cam over my last mustang. And about 500 lbs of weight savings.

And yeah Id like to have an sn95 for sure but I really got into the hobby for speed. I wanna run 10's. and this car just needs a sportsman or r-block based long rod 306 under it. And then a turbo. And ill reach my goal.

Well the car is already lowered. But has minimal weight transfer. So Im going to work on that first.

I am having a vibration in the upper rpms. I dont know what it is though. Its specifically related to engine rpm. And the shifter rattles like no other. Anyone have a suggestion on what it could be. Indexing the trans? Bad pinion angle from how tko's mount and aftermarket lcs's?

Dan.

Numbles said:
Well the car is already lowered. But has minimal weight transfer. So Im going to work on that first.

I am having a vibration in the upper rpms. I dont know what it is though. Its specifically related to engine rpm. And the shifter rattles like no other. Anyone have a suggestion on what it could be. Indexing the trans? Bad pinion angle from how tko's mount and aftermarket lcs's?

Dan.

Harmonic balancer most likely

Numbles said:
I have the romac balancer from my 95. Anyone know if Ill need a spacer or anything to put it on the 93. How hard is it. Just a pully puller. I had a shop do the 95 because of my work schedule.

balancer install is real easy, just need a puller, not sure on the spacer tho :shrug: