Finally got the car running!

90_Red_LX

Sep 29, 2003
Asheboro, NC
After about a month of waiting after tearing down the top half of the motor, she is back together and running. AFR 165s, FTI cam, and rpm intake. She pulls very strong. My only concern is shes got a faint tapping sound in the valve covers so I'll need to grind out some more clearance. Shes running a tad rich, but I'll probably keep it that way to keep it safe. I'll try to get a video of the car here in a little bit, it sounds awesome. I am very happy with the cam ed curtis made for me. It has great low rpm driveability, it just doesn't pull quite as hard down low at it does around 2500 and up. It's very very streetable, and it's a nasty cam for the stock pistons though. Going to get the valve covers straightened out, then I'll be heading to the dyno hopefully in the next month to see what it does, and see if theres a little more power with the fuel pressure and timing bumped. I'll probably show a shot of gas on it eventually and go with a full out tune. Anyways thought I would share, and if I get the camera to work for me I'll make a clip.

• Sponsors (?)