Finally got to drive my 94 GT

Green_Meanie

Mar 11, 2004
And all I have to say is WOW. Very fun car. Whipped her sideways on the test drive. I dont get to take it home until next week, but they are swaping a fiberglass Cobra R hood off of another GT that was on the lot and they need to fix the speedometer. I can deffinately tell its got a shiftkit in it, it just slams through the gears, no lag. :D

On my way home I picked up a MM&FF, will send for a subscription soon.

Anyways, I plan to boost it, just which type of boost is still in debate and will probably swap the tranny for a 5speed.

Anyone know what a good estimate of 1/4 mile time on a 94 5.0 with a CAI, Flowmaster catback, shiftkit and 3.73's?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Want some more cheap but amazing power? Add an intake manifold next. You can find cobra and gt40 intakes in the classifieds for under $300. Then maybe $50 for gaskets and fluids. That should be next. Really wakes her up.

I say low 15s. It all depends on your traction. I agree with jmuva44 throw a new intake manifold on and finish the exhaust and you will be really happy. Oh and a converter. That will really wake up your AODE.

StangJonGT said:
Off a cliff?

Good one, but no. I have timeslips somewhere and if you have ever been to SOH.com they are posted there. I always have timeslips to back up any times I run.

Anyway my brother-in-law now owns it and he seems to be having fun with it.

my best was 14.711 with same mods but also a H-pipe. depends on traction. find a friend who will let you borrow some drag radials. as for the next mods, i would finish the exhaust, converter then an intake. you'll have to post some pics then