Finally starting to mod the stang...

CobraStang95

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
New Jersey
Well I've had it for about two years now and I'm finally doin some serious sh* to it. The list is in the sig, but havent installed it yet. Tell me what you guys think.. How fast you think it'll be without the "to come section"? would you change anything? like size of maf vs. tb? im thinking of doin a small supercharger next winter, so would that H.C.I combo kit work good? thanks in advance!!!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Wait on the throttle body maf and injectors until you get your h/c/i. Your car will feel alot more responsive with the h-pipe and the 3.90 gears. Also, I wouldnt run the bosch platinums in the stang, I tried them and they sucked... I am pretty sure that is the consensus around here. Just get the autolite 25's, they require a little more maintenance but your car will run better all around i.m.h.o. Good luck

Based on your sig, I would only change the following:

1) The 24lb injectors = Stay 19lbs until you get your S/C
2) As Camman stated Bosch plugs don't mix with the old ignition technology that our cars pocess. Standard copper plugs are the way to go.
3) Granettelli no longer makes 75mm MAF's you will need an 80mm PMAFS MAF (formally Pro-M)

It's your car, but why the gigantic hood?

I agree with the others here about the injectors for now.
I would also opt for the 80mm MAF over the 75 as well. You will be able to send it back and have it recalibrated if needed later when you decide to put the supercharger on.

For plugs I would go with either Autolite 25's or 24's.

Well I already got all the stuff in the sig except the "soon to come" last week, and the Granettelli MAF sensor is 75mm, got it from Summit racing. As for the spark plugs I was thinking the exact thing you are, so those ain't goin in. As for the hood, i love the badass look the huge cowl hoods put off.. And as for waiting to do h/c/i for the injectors etc.. i plan on doing that towards the end of winter, when i get more money. Thanks for the input guys!!