First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

ok loading it now and setting a datalog ill get back to you in a few mins

Car was warm before i loaded your tune but here ya go.. it didnt idle up... maybe to 1450 or so then quickly went down to a idle.. surged one time then plained out.. but i did noticed im one degree off on my balancer... maybe .5 of a degree.. Also i didnt enable include afr target on your tune.. Figured id wait to see what u think and if that should be set on..

Attachments

• 2019-03-11_14.31.39.msl-Blucifer-revived-tune-steve.msl
    661.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
cool, try this one just a small fuel change. The car never went into closed loop idle, make sure after you load the tune that you cycle the power so that the changes are fully taken. just shut the key off then on to power cycle the ecu.

So far looks like a positive change, i assume your eyes no longer burn?

Attachments

• Blucifer99 REV.1.0.1.msq
    119 KB · Views: 144
cool, try this one just a small fuel change. The car never went into closed loop idle, make sure after you load the tune that you cycle the power so that the changes are fully taken. just shut the key off then on to power cycle the ecu.

HAHA yea they arnt burning as much.. couldnt be in the shop for more then a fews mins without being stoned beyond belief lol But ya ill give this one a shot to see what happens and ill make sure to grab a datalog... So am i turning on include afr target on this tune? if its not already on?

Reactions: 1 user

Its says tune file signature doesnt match. Should i load it and ignore the errors?It also said there were errors or warnings during msq load..

Last edited:
That's fine, I will take a look when time permits, keep in mind a cold engine should idle highish

Okie dokie.. Thanks for all the help today tho. I really appreciate u taking the time to give me a hand to figure this out..

So should i start it back up. Let it run till its operating temp and see how it goes... Dinners being made so this will be my last little bit of tinkering until i get back to it tomorrow. Hopefully my widebands in tomorrow too. That would be nice

Exellent! there are a few things that need to be done before we can move forward from this point...
1. we need a wideband signal input into the MS system to tune the fuel...
2. the IAC motor went to full close during the datalog so that tells me the throttle stop needs to be turned out to close the TB some... lets wait to do this until you have a usable WB signal.
3. once the above are complete the next few steps can be taken.... lets start small

Exellent! there are a few things that need to be done before we can move forward from this point...
1. we need a wideband signal input into the MS system to tune the fuel...
2. the IAC motor went to full close during the datalog so that tells me the throttle stop needs to be turned out to close the TB some... lets wait to do this until you have a usable WB signal.
3. once the above are complete the next few steps can be taken.... lets start small

Ok well my wideband came in yesturday so ive got that and i am probably puttin that in today.. And as for the throttle body. My idle screw is as far out as it can go without the blade sticking.. And i kno what ur probably thinking when u hear that.. Vaccuum leak.. Ive done a smoke test and theres zero smoke that came out anywhere "throttle body was blocked off.. Alittle smoke came out the egr vaccuum regulator so i changed that out.. But hopefully today i get my wideband put in..

cool, the AFR affects idle speed as well. so once that value is known I can help further
Okie dokie man. Im just havin lunch then im gonna get ol blue off the ground and just remove a o2 and pop in the wideband and do the configure.. Im guessin i unplug both 02s and remove them so im gonna have to find a bung plug or bolt.. Hopefulky i kept my old 02s so i can plug the empty hole lol

cool, the AFR affects idle speed as well. so once that value is known I can help further

Update... Afr gauge all wired and soldered.. O2 sensor cable ran. All i have to do is remove the left stocker add the wideband sensor and unplug the right sensor. Do the calibrations which is easy cause i got the mtx-l innovate afr.. and i should be able to get the afr readings squared away and matched up.. Ill make sure to datalog the startup and whatnot.. Thanks again man..

Reactions: 1 user