First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

i missed the start-up lol got alittle excited but 2 seconds after i fired it... i thought :poo: i need a datalog LOL so i missed the literal first 2-3 seconds of start up. also the wideband is like 0.1-0.2 off from what i can see .. could just be me but i can live with that lol was holding nice once it warmed up.. so ill leave it at that

Attachments

• 2019-03-16_19.14.39.msl-wideband.msl
    3.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

i was tryin out my heater and headlights last night during this datalog so there might be some weird data fluctuations.. It was kinda surging alittle too.. But im gonna go out in a few and do a cold fire to warm up run and grab another datalog while im at it..

also ive been lookin over the other tunes and datalogs.. been tryin to make notes on what was different from the "basetune" to this one so i can try to understand this more lol i dont think ive read and tryed to cram so much information in my head since highschool LOL my brain hurts

Attachments

• 2019-03-16_20.17.09.msl-nexthit16march.msl
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
i just ordered the paid version of tunerstudios and megalog viewer... got tired of the unpaid version.. but im not gonna mess with auto-tune WUE or anything until You say so.. lol cause to me auto-tuning seems cool. but id rather learn before having the auto-tune do stuff for me ..

Hell i never realized that the A9L ecu 10* base commanded a total of 42*timing at 25%map and 2k rpm.. lol i had a problem with pinging using 14mech with the total added in... but that was cause of a :poo:ty gas station and poor quality fuel... i only run 91 now.. funny the info you find when your bored cause its too cold to be out in the shop LOL

Attachments

• A9LSparkTables-89-93fordmustangtimingtable.gif
    A9LSparkTables-89-93fordmustangtimingtable.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: 1 user
new datalog from today... was like plus 10 out and sunny so i figured give it try since the shop was nice and warm from the sun.... its not really holding a steady AFR.. kinda bouncing around from 13.-14.1 .. and rpm is alittle bit surgey.. but that could be because its idling in the 13afrs too,, im reviewing the datalog to see if i can see any differences that might stick out... doing my best tryin to understand all this as fast as i can cause my On3 turbo kit among a bunch of other stuff is coming tomorrow ... YAY lol

Attachments

• 2019-03-18_16.49.54.msl-march18.msl
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
so i was reviewing the datalog and from what i can see it entered ASE twice.. it did crank for a good 5-6 seconds before it caught.. But in that time it seemed like ASE kicked in and out.then it caught and started.. smelt real rich for like 2 seconds.. so i think ASE might be up alittle much for the temp outside or the cranking RPM needs to go up abit not sure on that one. and as for the little bit of surge im thinkin its cause on the VE table theres no range for it.. its all 51s.. so im thinkin maybe a range for it to float around like .1-.2 either up or down might stablize the afr readings and help it out that way.. Im really tryin to get this understanded trust me. cause right now i feel like im not contributing to the tune.. so if im on the right track lemme kno.. thanks again man

breakin out the spring time goodies.. lmfao cannot wait till this is done and built.. gonna be a blast to drive if i can get over this learning curve on the ms

Attachments

• 54522972_2362240367322237_8808842752885260288_n.jpg
    54522972_2362240367322237_8808842752885260288_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 105
sorry I have not had much time to look through tune files lately... hopefully will get caught up by sometime tomorrow lol im popular right now

haha No worries at all dude... life happens.. weathers gettin nice up here so the spring chores have been keeping me busy too.. Im just excited to finally be able to pull out some goodies and admire them before i get all into building mode lol

looking at your datalog, the car is not fully warmed up, so i cannot judge the full warm fuel. until the hot idle is tuned nothing can be done about the warmup fuel enrichments.
The IAC is also at full closed trying to lower the idle speed, you should see if the TB can be adjusted a small amount to close it some. then re calibrate the TPS sensor.
I meat-balled some idle advance controls to get you started, to get these adjusted you should watch my tuning videos. The closed loop idle settings appear to be fine its just the idle advance.. ie.. timing being used to control the idle speed that need some adjustments.

looking at your datalog, the car is not fully warmed up, so i cannot judge the full warm fuel. until the hot idle is tuned nothing can be done about the warmup fuel enrichments.
The IAC is also at full closed trying to lower the idle speed, you should see if the TB can be adjusted a small amount to close it some. then re calibrate the TPS sensor.
I meat-balled some idle advance controls to get you started, to get these adjusted you should watch my tuning videos. The closed loop idle settings appear to be fine its just the idle advance.. ie.. timing being used to control the idle speed that need some adjustments.

Well the throttle body blade is at the point where if i move the screw the blade sticks its literally out as far as it can go.. And as for the car not warming up. I guess it idling isnt gettin the "motor" up to temp even tho the fans are kickin in at 180.. I guess i can shut the fans off and let it go up towards the 200 range today... Im starting to think theres somethinh goin on with the car causing unmetered air .. Cause if the idle valves closing and the throttle screws out that far. I must have a vaccuum leak that i cant find. Cause i smoked that car out and no smoke came out anywhere except the egr vaccuum solenoid. Which i changed and resmoked and no smoke came out.. Today ill let it warm up past when the fans kick in and see what happens then..

Dam tps is reading. 0.75. So i guess ill fix that back up to 0.90-0.98. Ill do a base idle reset once the cars warm. Now doin a tps adjustment is that still the same process? Base timing. Unplug iac adjust throttle blade then match tps?

Calibration of all sensors is done in the tools menu in tuner studio.

ok i recalibrated my tps in tunerstudios.... i thought you had to do the turn the tps sensor thing like normal... but i guess thats not the case.. alsoo i missed the cold start cause i had someone else starting the car for me and i forgot to tell them to turn on the datalog.... rookie mistake once again LOL
also i added one point to the idle area in the VE table... fixed the surge i was having..

Attachments

• 2019-03-20_13.34.25.msl-no cold start.msl
    3.9 MB · Views: 87