Got new roller cam with new HO firing order
Removed engine, removed cyl heads, had machine shop mill out the old felpro lock wire grooves (10k)
Installed new valve springs and required hardened spring seat washers.
Ordered Vortech v3 si so got inspired to strengthen my stock block.
I know main Griddles effectiveness are sometimes argued but I figured this might Give me the confidence to go ahead with smaller pulley (more boost once Everything gets running
Purchased the 1/2” trick flow tool steel girdle
this required my main caps being machined down all to the same height
Next was the harmonic balancer.
The first one I ordered was a nice trick flow with 28 outs in balance as needed for my early crank.
It slipped onto the crank snow with no effort at all and I could almost wiggle it it slipped all the way onto the crank snout with no effort at all and I could almost wiggle it!
Returned it and tried and even nicer Pioneer harmonic balancer.
It fit a little bit tighter but still no real press fit it fit a little bit tighter but still no real press fit.
That let me to if you weeks searching for someone capable of making a custom undersize bore balancer
That led me to innovators West
I gave them the specs of my slightly undersize crank snout and opted for their “blower pulley” option with the oversized seal as required to accommodate a thicker hub.
It pressed on beautifully and I highly recommend this company so far
-their customer support was outstanding !
Had to address pushed in frame on passenger side
Also battery tray and inner fender was damaged badly and looked like crap.
So I cut it all out, pulled the frame out about 3/8” and welded in new inner fender, lower brace and mustangs to fear radiator core support
Yeah that Porta power belongs a frame and auto body collision friend of mine.
He is the one who noticed the frame wasn’t 100% square
Knowledgeable friends are priceless!! Especially when they have awesome tools.
Do you see that transom bar or bubble level in the picture with the radiator core support?
he gets a bubble reading off of a solid part of the frame then he Re:ZERO to that reading and checks everything on the car to make sure it is on that same plane
Got more done!
Installed larger pinion brg support and changed from 4:11 to 3:55
The 4:11 would of been good for naturaly asperated but I’d be running out of gear in 1/4.
Next step order new aluminum drive line
Supercharger air inlet installed.
I used 3.5” to 4” 90* rubber elbow from 3.5” inlet to supercharger then 4” cast aluminum 90* elbow to make a tight shock tower hugging fit.
Some trimming of the fender apron was necessary to clear the cast elbow.
I used vacuum hose to trim edges on hole.
The pro m 92 mass air meter and filter fit nicely where stock battery was. (My battery going in truck)
-New 3g 95 amp alt
-Coolant reservoir installed
-Fit fenders and hood
-New lower valance, grill, bumper and fog light kit
-Installed original GT rear valance with duel exhaust cutouts
-installed new backup light kit
-Ran all front light wires
-Installed bypass valve
-Replaced 86-93 distributer with SN95 (doesn’t have tfp module )
-installed new sn95 fuel rails (flow more than fox body rails)
Oh yeah... pay no attention to any of the parts colors, it’s all just primered parts.
Everything will get paint and body work one I’m all done modifying things
You could take a sand bag and mallet to dome a piece of sheet metal, then just hammer the walnuts out on some flat plate and weld that into the apron. It wouldn't be seen much from the engine compartment and it'll keep road grime out of the engine bay.
Got the exhaust done.
Mike Maier of Mike Maier inc. did a great job.
all stainless and mandrel bent.
2.75” with Birka pro xs. Mufflers.
Also welded in my x brace and installed pan hard bar with incorporated cal tracs.