Forced induction and cold air intake

99stallion

Aug 1, 2007
Ok this is kind of a dumb question but it is still something that i am unsure about. One of the first mods i wanted to do to my car was a cold air intake, but as time went on i planned on buying a supercharger. The supercharger would replace the cold air intake if i bought the intake, correct? If they can work together then my plan is to buy a bbk 65 mm throttle body, a motorvator throttle body spacer from rpmoutlet, a bbk cold air intake (is that the best to buy for sound and performance?) and the supercharger. also, does the diameter of the throttle body have to match up with that of the intake? :shrug:

I desperately need a little direction here because i am dying for another mod!!!

• Sponsors (?)

let me revise this. how does this sound for an induction system: mac 73mm mass air system, accufab 70mm throttle body, and a motorvator throttle body spacer. will the upper and lower intake have to be port matched for the throttle body?

Well if you get a supercharger the cold air will be useless and you may or may not be able to use that MAF.

A 70mm TB for a N/A V6 is pretty huge too. You may lose some torque. Bigger is not always better.

well i think the supercharger is a no-go. i'll probably wind up putting another grand or so into my V6 and then save up for a 03-04 cobra, but the V6 won't be sold :) so would a BBK 65mm throttle body be better then?

i dono, the 6 needs a little more muscle, all it has is dual exhaust, a short throw shifter and a diablo predator tune. i would have put some pulleys in it but i have an aftermarket stereo system in it and i am worried about what the pullies might do to it. so i think an intake may be in order for it.....for now.

How big is your amp(s)? A UD pulley really does not effect a mild stereo system. I only have a 350 Watt amp, and I can't even tell any difference at all. I have done a fair number of mods, and a pulley is one of the better ones. However, don't expect the huge hp gain that most companies claim.
Most people would agree that the 6 needs a little more power, but that's just the beauty of owning one. Really, most of us on here can't leave a car stock. If we all had a Terminator Cobra, we would certainly mod that as well, we always want more.

i agree with always wanting more, i can't stop modifying my V6, but the question is always what to do. i have a 300 watt 10'' sub and a 350 watt amp. will the pulley slow down the A/C and heater as well?

i dono, the 6 needs a little more muscle, all it has is dual exhaust, a short throw shifter and a diablo predator tune. i would have put some pulleys in it but i have an aftermarket stereo system in it and i am worried about what the pullies might do to it. so i think an intake may be in order for it.....for now.

Have you switched the rear end Ratio?

no, the rearend is still 100% stock. i was going to swap it out for a 8.8 with gears, but with the little horsepower that the car has, that big rearend would just slow it down a little. a local performance shop is selling gears and a posi differential for a fair price (or so i've heard) so i was thinking i would just go pick up some 3.73's and posi and call it good for the rearend.

here's what i have now: true dual flowmasters, short throw shifter, diablosport predator tuner, and i just put in a helix throttle body spacer yesterday. the rearend is stock along with the height, and the tire size is 245/45ZR17. I'm going to get 3.73 gears and posi through a local perforamance shop.

here's what i have now: true dual flowmasters, short throw shifter, diablosport predator tuner, and i just put in a helix throttle body spacer yesterday. the rearend is stock along with the height, and the tire size is 245/45ZR17. I'm going to get 3.73 gears and posi through a local perforamance shop.

Just remember that when you do the gear swap , you'll need to reprogram your speedo with your predator.....:nice: