Forced Induction

I found a screaming deal on a Pro-charger so that solidified my decision to go forced induction. I don't know a whole lot about what this all entails and I was wondering if I should build up the engine to handle more power or if it will hold together fine. If I were to build it which end would give the most benefits.

Thanks

Ethan

• Sponsors (?)

I found a screaming deal on a Pro-charger so that solidified my decision to go forced induction. I don't know a whole lot about what this all entails and I was wondering if I should build up the engine to handle more power or if it will hold together fine. If I were to build it which end would give the most benefits.

Thanks

Ethan

1) Ask yourself, "Why is it a screaming deal"
2) When buying used setups you might be missing key parts so hidden things will happen.
3) You will need a larger fuel pump and injectors for fuel
4) You will need a dyno tune, not just a trip on the rollers, but someone dialing in the air/fuel ratio and these can run upwards of 300-500.

1) Ask yourself, "Why is it a screaming deal"
2) When buying used setups you might be missing key parts so hidden things will happen.
3) You will need a larger fuel pump and injectors for fuel
4) You will need a dyno tune, not just a trip on the rollers, but someone dialing in the air/fuel ratio and these can run upwards of 300-500.

1) It is used
2) Said to be complete but will check very meticulously before any cash is exchanged
3)Has Cobra fuel pump and larger (32lb) injectors already
4)I plan to load it up and take it to a shop for a tune once installed (figure if your gonna do it you may as well do it right)

1) It is used
2) Said to be complete but will check very meticulously before any cash is exchanged
3)Has Cobra fuel pump and larger (32lb) injectors already
4)I plan to load it up and take it to a shop for a tune once installed (figure if your gonna do it you may as well do it right)

with 32lb injectors you will be able to roughly support 360 rwhp at a 85% duty cycle. Most people say you need to go forged if you are looking at 400 rwhp+ on a supercharged engine. So if you want a simple answer to the need to build up your engine you don't have to with those injectors. :)

What model is the blower? A p1sc or a d1sc?
You will be fine as long as your motor is in good running order and you keep the boost in the 8-10lb range.
I've been running with my p1 on the car for years at 8 psi.