Ford racing cams?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/camshaft.htm

Check out that website. Back when i first started working on cars this site was a big help. It really helped me to understand cams. Basically the lift isnt what gives you the lopey Idle. It's the duration. With a larger duration the exhaust and intake valves stay open for a longer period of time, because of this they overlap and are open at the same time. Which causes the lopey idle that you hear. I hope that made sense. I know what I want to say but some times it does'nt come out right:shrug:
Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

I saw that video myself and the next day I called my buddy Rob at the Ford Racing Performance tech line.....that is a fake video. As of now Ford is only experimenting with cams no plans for release anytime soon as the video said, maybe summer. I spoke with him about this more then a month ago. That video perhaps had Comp or Crane cams, both those companies have a set of lopey idle cams. I'll be waiting for the Ford one though

I saw that video myself and the next day I called my buddy Rob at the Ford Racing Performance tech line.....that is a fake video. As of now Ford is only experimenting with cams no plans for release anytime soon as the video said, maybe summer. I spoke with him about this more then a month ago. That video perhaps had Comp or Crane cams, both those companies have a set of lopey idle cams. I'll be waiting for the Ford one though

Well that blows.