Fox Body 15" Rim Tire Setup

qcrun98

Sep 11, 2005
Moline, IL
I am shopping around for new tires for my 1989 GT and want to keep my 15" rims. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on the best tire size setup I should go for. I am assuming a wider tire in the rear but am not sure of sizes that will fit, look good, and perform the best on a fox body. Please help. Thanks Alot.

• Sponsors (?)

No tires that I know of will fit a 15x8 perfectly, that retain the stock height and are better tires than factory issue. I looked, and if anyone knows of any let me know. Stock tires were V-rated Goodyear Gatorbacks, AKA Goodyear VR. They're only made in one size now, though.

gy_eagle_vrzr_gatorback.jpg

Attachments

• gy_eagle_vrzr_gatorback.jpg
    gy_eagle_vrzr_gatorback.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 516
Thanks all, also an FYI I have the Turbine 15" rims and am actually wondering an actual tire size that I can put on that rim. Everywhere I look just tells me that the stock size is 225/60/R15 but can't find any other sizes. Any help will be great thanks alot guys.

If you're using turbines good. Stock size is 225/65/15. I'd use these. BFGoodrich makes a new tire called a BFGoodrich G-force Sport in 225/60/15 size. It's V-rated and are supposed to be better than the Gatorbacks. They're also very cheap for the quality of the tire. You can get them for $77 at TireRack.

gforcesport_large.jpg

Intense type-o'd: Stock tire size is 225/60/15

Overall Diameter needs to be 25.6" to get the proper speedometer / odometer readings. I run a all season tire (I only drive my car in the summers though)

Bridgestone G009's They fit my turbines just fine

I have run 225-60-15 stock size tires on 10 holes and turbines.

I currently have 235-60-15's on my 15x7 Draglites, and they fit and look great.

I have also run the 275-50-15 BFG Drag Radials on the 10 holes, which also seemed to work perfectly.

I currently have that set of Drag Radials on 15x8 Weld Convo Pros, and they fit and work fine also.

I am running 225/60/15 V rated BF Goodrich Traction T/A's on my 10 holes. I have had this car for 17 years and had many different sets of tires on it. These are by far the best gripping tires in the rain or on dry roads. They are also supposed to last a long time.

I also have put 275 60R-15 on my 15inch rims and man do they hook up good! I have had better times with these than on slicks. If you have traction problems I would buy these about $300 bucks a pair.