Fox Body Market

1hot87gt

5 Year Member
Mar 17, 2017
New York
CE0EB2CA-C2CF-417F-AF5A-42229162A51D.jpeg
Today I just started to watch some of the Mecum auctions Harrisburg PA from a week or so ago that I recorded. This particular car was a 90 GT, 5 speed, 5500 miles. Sold for $38,500.

Impressed. Announcers actually made comments how the Fox Body market is red hot and only getting stronger.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It’s just nice to see our beloved Foxes increasing in value. It doesn’t mean anything to me personally because I have no intentions of selling it so the gains are only on paper, but since the current administration took over every 401k and investment statement I get has been spiraling downward.

Just nice to see something going up. Lol

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Also, good luck finding another 5,500 mile car. Its not the options or year that make the value, its the rarity of the low mileage. They start to become the 1 of 1s due to mileage. Those cars that are still wearing EVERYTHING they were born with still - not NOS or reproduction parts added.

Yeah. I agree. The car is just a red GT with a stick. Nothing special. Not like it’s a Cobra, Saleen, Rousch etc. It’s that mileage. All original, unmolested example. People will pay up for them apparently.

Forgive me for saying this, and perhaps my opinion is skewed because I already have a clean fox in the garage, but I don't think these prices are worth it IMHO. $38K for a Fox body? If i had that money burning a hole in my pocket, there would be certain other vehicles I would look at.

With that said, If i didn't have a fox now, i'd probably be shopping around for one and might pay a stupid price for a clean one. So, disregard everything I've just said :)

• Ah yes, I see.  I see.
Reactions: 5 users
Let's go...15k for a very good condition car would be nice. Thats what I'm seeing on my local Craigslist.
I'm seeing cars sit for years at that price, most are cars that where stripped of performance parts and made to look stock again or polished turds. The amount of fake unmolested cars or straight up hack jobs I've looked at with crazy asking price over the past few years is laughable. a sub 20k mile bubble car is a very different thing then a cleaned up driver quality car unless its posted on Facebook lol. I've seen a bunch of decent driver quality cars move fast in the 5--9k range recently that you would typically see with stupid asking prices in the Foxbody groups where all the flippers hang out. I just saw a clapped out coupe with some janky rot repair and the crustiest high milage f150 coyote I've ever seen swaped in asking well over 25k. Wasnt shocked it was a local flipper who bought it, I'm sure he will tack 10k on to his asking price in a few months of beating on it, people are paying stupid money on swap cars even when its a hack job and if you question the price your one of the poors or a hater lmfao. The only thing that really happened is the scummy classic car flippers have moved into the later model markets.

Mustang prices in general are up.

Running/driving V8 Mustang IIs used to be $1000 all day. Now they're $5000+ asking. Even the 2.3 and 2.8 cars have come up from triple digits to $2500 or more. Cobras and Kings in running/driving condition are around $10k to start and go up from there depending on the car's condition.

Foxes have gotten simply stupid. I see $30k+ asking all the time on FB and CL, though that market has started to cool as of late and I've seen some clean driver-quality cars that haven't been hacked for under $10k for the first time in a year this past month.

SN95s, especially the 3.8 and 4.6 cars were cheaper than Mustang IIs two years ago. They still are, but they're pacing them on price. New Edge cars are odd, with the 3.8 and GT cars being affordable in most cases, but the Cobras and Machs having soared into the stratosphere.

Then there's the classics, where a car that's so rusted out that it's starting to collapse in on itself with a clean title will still bring a couple thousand now instead of it's scrap value.

Running/driving V8 Mustang IIs used to be $1000 all day. Now they're $5000+ asking. Even the 2.3 and 2.8 cars have come up from triple digits to $2500 or more. Cobras and Kings in running/driving condition are around $10k to start and go up from there depending on the car's condition.

Foxes have gotten simply stupid. I see $30k+ asking all the time on FB and CL, though that market has started to cool as of late and I've seen some clean driver-quality cars that haven't been hacked for under $10k for the first time in a year this past month.

SN95s, especially the 3.8 and 4.6 cars were cheaper than Mustang IIs two years ago. They still are, but they're pacing them on price. New Edge cars are odd, with the 3.8 and GT cars being affordable in most cases, but the Cobras and Machs having soared into the stratosphere.

Then there's the classics, where a car that's so rusted out that it's starting to collapse in on itself with a clean title will still bring a couple thousand now instead of it's scrap value.
New edges v8 are matching the Prices for the s197s on the east coast... Been keeping my eyes open for one with a hurt motor to coyote swap, guessing others have to lol. They screwy part is you can find decent shape classics coupes at reasonable prices. The fast backs are still 10k for a rolling rotted vin though lol.

i should have taken my own advice from several years ago. Had a few opportunities to jump on some sub-$10K mach 1's

When we were used car shopping last, the only SN-95s we found locally were trashed, probably school cars. Which is too bad as one would have been a good fit for my daughter.
The problem with Foxes going up in price is if they get high enough, I might have to reconsider driving one as my main car.

Forgive me for saying this, and perhaps my opinion is skewed because I already have a clean fox in the garage, but I don't think these prices are worth it IMHO. $38K for a Fox body? If i had that money burning a hole in my pocket, there would be certain other vehicles I would look at.

With that said, If i didn't have a fox now, i'd probably be shopping around for one and might pay a stupid price for a clean one. So, disregard everything I've just said :)
I'd agree, but then you see what plain jane 2008 Ford Escapes are bringing and realize that this car market is really jacked up right now.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I bought a 26 000 mile 93 vert last year, paid it 25k.

I didn't enjoy it at all, was scared to drive it and add miles, was scared that someone would skratch it or get into an accident because then the original paint wouldn't be original anymore and there goes my investment. I was even paranoid to when my kids sat in the back seat, I didn't want them to dirty the carpet ect.. lol.

That being said, i sold it last month and am now looking for a foxbody i can drive every day and enjoy, I want to add a nice sounding exhaust and some wide wheels! I couldn't do all this on my stock 93 vert cause it would depreciate.

So all these expensive low mile foxbodys you see being sold will just sit in the buyers garage until he is ready to sell it. Take it from me, trust me I went through it.

Reactions: 4 users
I bought a 26 000 mile 93 vert last year, paid it 25k.

I didn't enjoy it at all, was scared to drive it and add miles, was scared that someone would skratch it or get into an accident because then the original paint wouldn't be original anymore and there goes my investment. I was even paranoid to when my kids sat in the back seat, I didn't want them to dirty the carpet ect.. lol.

That being said, i sold it last month and am now looking for a foxbody i can drive every day and enjoy, I want to add a nice sounding exhaust and some wide wheels! I couldn't do all this on my stock 93 vert cause it would depreciate.

So all these expensive low mile foxbodys you see being sold will just sit in the buyers garage until he is ready to sell it. Take it from me, trust me I went through it.
Very good point! It's kind of nice to have a 4 cylinder conversion or something along those lines, because it's never really going to have the value of an original V8 car.

That's the problem with buying a 5,000 mile GT for crazy money. The value is in the low mileage, so it's tough to enjoy it as a driver. If you are a collector and plan to put very few miles on it anyway then it's a different story.

they are gonna have to pry my fox out of my dead cold hands, not for sale at any price as i would"nt sell a family member

Reactions: 1 users