Fox Body Market

• Sponsors (?)

So all these expensive low mile foxbodys you see being sold will just sit in the buyers garage until he is ready to sell it. Take it from me, trust me I went through it.
What I usually see is bad health or a death when alot of these nice collections are sold... The kids just want the money.
I watched a collection go a few years ago at Mecum or wherever... The guy was dying...
He had 3, 1967 - L88 corvettes... They were valued at over 3 million EACH....... 20 total were built

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I bought a 26 000 mile 93 vert last year, paid it 25k.

I didn't enjoy it at all, was scared to drive it and add miles, was scared that someone would skratch it or get into an accident because then the original paint wouldn't be original anymore and there goes my investment. I was even paranoid to when my kids sat in the back seat, I didn't want them to dirty the carpet ect.. lol.

That being said, i sold it last month and am now looking for a foxbody i can drive every day and enjoy, I want to add a nice sounding exhaust and some wide wheels! I couldn't do all this on my stock 93 vert cause it would depreciate.

So all these expensive low mile foxbodys you see being sold will just sit in the buyers garage until he is ready to sell it. Take it from me, trust me I went through it.
This is why I buy the clapped out cars, as long as it ain't rotted they can be fixed up on the cheap while you drive them. I've seen quite a few of my old cars resold with bs stories at super inflated prices. One of my old coupes was being passed around as a low mileage cream puff, the damn thing had the whole left side (fender, door and quater) replaced in the 90s before I even picked it up for 3k in the early 2000s but the carfax showed clean and less the 50k mileage I sold it for around what I had into it after 3 or 4 years. The last time I saw it pop up for sale it had a mid 20k price with a semi decent respray and a fresh undercoating, too many flippers into these cars any more if you don't know what to look for.

There's a pretty decent looking hci 89 gt near me for 6k I'll probably pick up if its he still has it this weekend and it doesn't need any major, body is straight, runs and drives just looks like needs to cleaned up a bit.. See cars like it all over Facebook asking double or triple that

This heat is getting ridiculous. I’m ready for fall. I waited for dusk yesterday to go out and mow the lawn and I still almost died. Then I was up this morning a little after 6 to run outside and wash my truck and the wife’s Jeep, with the hopes of beating the heat. It’s a bit much.

Spent the rest of the day in the pool. Only thing you can really do outside right now without sweating like a whore in church.

I found a couple things to do in this heat...
20220807_112717.jpg
;)

Reactions: 3 users
I bought a 26 000 mile 93 vert last year, paid it 25k.

I didn't enjoy it at all, was scared to drive it and add miles, was scared that someone would skratch it or get into an accident because then the original paint wouldn't be original anymore and there goes my investment. I was even paranoid to when my kids sat in the back seat, I didn't want them to dirty the carpet ect.. lol.

That being said, i sold it last month and am now looking for a foxbody i can drive every day and enjoy, I want to add a nice sounding exhaust and some wide wheels! I couldn't do all this on my stock 93 vert cause it would depreciate.

There's two sides of the Spectrum here. I have a couple very very modified foxes that I have the same concerns with. I'm listening for every possible mechanical issue and blowing it out of proportion, before I realize what it is. When they need custom/high-end aftermarket parts, they're expensive, and when I need help, it takes forever and the quality is never up to par, even by apparently reputable shops. I love the cars, truly, and they are amazing drivers, but there is a Goldilocks zone here. Foxes are meant to be driven, and they're meant to be modified to some degree. More than all of that though, they're meant to be enjoyed!

The Goldilocks zone right now is probably a $7 -15k H/C/I car depending on the modifications/mileage that you can drive everyday, rain or shine, in comfort without worry. That's exactly what I'm going for in my latest acquisition, Black Jack.

Last edited:
I'm seeing cars sit for years at that price, most are cars that where stripped of performance parts and made to look stock again or polished turds. The amount of fake unmolested cars or straight up hack jobs I've looked at with crazy asking price over the past few years is laughable. a sub 20k mile bubble car is a very different thing then a cleaned up driver quality car unless its posted on Facebook lol. I've seen a bunch of decent driver quality cars move fast in the 5--9k range recently that you would typically see with stupid asking prices in the Foxbody groups where all the flippers hang out. I just saw a clapped out coupe with some janky rot repair and the crustiest high milage f150 coyote I've ever seen swaped in asking well over 25k. Wasnt shocked it was a local flipper who bought it, I'm sure he will tack 10k on to his asking price in a few months of beating on it, people are paying stupid money on swap cars even when its a hack job and if you question the price your one of the poors or a hater lmfao. The only thing that really happened is the scummy classic car flippers have moved into the later model markets.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Karma is a bitch though, these fools will eat their own crap soon enough.

Mustang prices in general are up.

Running/driving V8 Mustang IIs used to be $1000 all day. Now they're $5000+ asking. Even the 2.3 and 2.8 cars have come up from triple digits to $2500 or more. Cobras and Kings in running/driving condition are around $10k to start and go up from there depending on the car's condition.

Foxes have gotten simply stupid. I see $30k+ asking all the time on FB and CL, though that market has started to cool as of late and I've seen some clean driver-quality cars that haven't been hacked for under $10k for the first time in a year this past month.

SN95s, especially the 3.8 and 4.6 cars were cheaper than Mustang IIs two years ago. They still are, but they're pacing them on price. New Edge cars are odd, with the 3.8 and GT cars being affordable in most cases, but the Cobras and Machs having soared into the stratosphere.

Then there's the classics, where a car that's so rusted out that it's starting to collapse in on itself with a clean title will still bring a couple thousand now instead of it's scrap value.
Yeah market will cool off once enough of these people buy these mustangs then get slapped by a v6 camry on the highway easy.

Yeah market will cool off once enough of these people buy these mustangs then get slapped by a v6 camry on the highway easy.
These numbers are being driven by nostalgia and speculation. The people buying these aren't drag racing or street racing anybody, especially not a Camry driver.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
That's just how it is, guys. Those 40-70 year-olds that have spent careers piling up the money start reminiscing about cars they've liked. The guys I know who have always done well had the phase of the latest and greatest corvette/mustang/take-your-pick, and then they realize that they always wanted that one car they had a passion for... Those cars are the ones that pop in value, and when the generation dies off, they drop in value, though never back to their original prices. You see it when you go to the Coucourse d'Elegance car shows. We'll start to watch the 50s-60s cars start to come back down slightly while the 80-90s ramp up.

I do think that the 60s was a special era that will likely persist a little longer in the car markets, though. The 70s and early 80s, maybe not as much. But I have a hunch, the 90s and especially 2000s will ramp up considerably.

Maybe we should start a list of special cars that are still of reasonable value that are low production and may end up being the best investments in the decade to come. My vote:
- 95-99 Saleen S351
- 95 Cobra R
- Gen 3 Supra (unmolested)
- Gen 3 RX7
- AWD/turbo DSM cars (not sure if rare enough)
- Gen II GTS & ACR fixed roof Vipers?

Last edited:
That's just how it is, guys. Those 40-70 year-olds that have spent careers piling up the money start reminiscing about cars they've liked. The guys I know who have always done well had the phase of the latest and greatest corvette/mustang/take-your-pick, and then they realize that they always wanted that one car they had a passion for... Those cars are the ones that pop in value, and when the generation dies off, they drop in value, though never back to their original prices. You see it when you go to the Coucourse d'Elegance car shows. We'll start to watch the 50s-60s cars start to come back down slightly while the 80-90s ramp up.

I do think that the 60s was a special era that will likely persist a little longer in the car markets, though. The 70s and early 80s, maybe not as much. But I have a hunch, the 90s and especially 2000s will ramp up considerably.

Maybe we should start a list of special cars that are still of reasonable value that are low production and may end up being the best investments in the decade to come. My vote:
- 95-99 Saleen S351
- 95 Cobra R
- Gen 3 Supra (unmolested)
- Gen 3 RX7
- AWD/turbo DSM cars (not sure if rare enough)
- Gen II GTS & ACR fixed roof Vipers?
LOL... Let me show you my first 3 cars and ask you if you wouldn't want them TODAY.... My 69 corvette convertible was my 4th but I have no pictures of it..

I will have to add the 41 Chevy later, I can't find the picture.....

I have heard the " muscle cars will die out soon" comments for 20 years..... They have done nothing but go up much higher in value and price...
For someone who watched as these cars from the mid 70's through the early 80's became impossible to even give away with NO gas, Gas lines, HIGH gas prices, and POOR mileage, Living through that era I NEVER would have thought you would see a resurgence of the muscle car... NEVER.... I hate to even try to predict what is next.... Sure seems like the fox bodies have jumped though.... Probably because they WERE affordable, but that has apparently ended...

The cars of the 30's are more works of art and were mostly designed for the wealthy back then to be chauffered in...... That era will never be repeated.. My wealthy uncle was going to start buying them back in the 80's but he didn't... Heck, they were $100,000 cars.... LOL... Now way into the millions...... That is why my wealthy uncle was wealthy, he had vision.... He decided to buy Apartments and Condo's instead.....

As touched upon in another post on here, I think the electronic cars will die a quick death when you can no longer buy the parts you need to keep them running.... Just a guess.... Like when Iran inherited the F15s ( or were they F14 Tomcats?) and he couldn't get parts to keep them flying.....

Should we touch upon Electric vehicles???? My guess is they will be BIG BUSINESS for the people who scrap them.... After the battery packs go kaput there will be MILLIONS of them being scrapped and soon the government will CHARGE you a scrap fee of thousands to do it..... Just my guess.... Property tax and the Death tax, they get you coming and going.......

lets toss this into the factor... Population increase... Last I looked there were 3 BILLION more people in the world than when I was in my twenties.... LOTS more people fighting for a " finite " amount of vehicles....... Not a topic to get me on, as I feel OVER POPULATION has created every problem we are having in the world today........

DSCF1037.JPG
DSCF0175.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love