FOX TB Swap Questions.

Here's a picture, circled in red is where the Fox's get their EGR gasses from:

fordhead.jpg

THANK YOU!

that does look alot like:
teryn_063.jpg

so i think i have them. i guess the trick flow lower will work fine

Here are more pics of the heads after the rebuild cant see the intake area aand my lower is already on....
DSCF2336.jpg

DSCF2332.jpg

DSCF2328.jpg

DSCF2326.jpg

DSCF2324.jpg

So what is the thing that connects to the back of the heads... is that smog??? if so do i have to get block off plates for that???

• Sponsors (?)

I'd recommend running some kind of water through it. A trick setup would be a little stand alone pump and resevior system. wouldn't be that hard to fab up. Or just leave it off. I've run without them before and didn't see any real problems.

The tube in the back can be cut from the little blocks that bolt to the block, reverse them, and bolt them back up. So the solid side will be against the heads.

I'd recommend running some kind of water through it. A trick setup would be a little stand alone pump and resevior system. wouldn't be that hard to fab up. Or just leave it off. I've run without them before and didn't see any real problems.

The tube in the back can be cut from the little blocks that bolt to the block, reverse them, and bolt them back up. So the solid side will be against the heads.

is that back thing for smog... i do have an extra..... why do i even need the coolant running through it... Its not going to ice up on me... where do the lines come from on the fox???

I always keep mine in the air intake. Since the air in the lower intake is at a higher temp, the computer won't know what to do with that information, so a tune will be in order if you relocate the ACT to the #5 runner in the intake.

what I did before was drill a hole and use a rubber grommet that the ACT sensor fits into snuggly.

Yea thats not the problem... LOL

Right now i got a deal locally on a fox 65mm TB , 65mm EGR spacer, newer EGR valve, newer IAC, for $100 obo...

Then i can get the rest at a JY...

then i can sell my 65mm tb and my sn95 elbow and i might make money on the swap LOL

There you go! Sounds like a plan. I gotta figure out how to modify this Explorer TB I got here and I'll have a Fox style 65MM. I have a smaller bore EGR, but I may have it bored out to match if it's not too much money.