Progress Thread Foxbody spare tire

• Sponsors (?)

That spare is a 2015+ Mustang spare kit.

It doesn't clear big brakes like Brembo's, Stoptechs, Baer and such, but I think it works fine with Cobra brakes.

The kit is part number FR3Z-1K007-C, and you might be able to get it cheaper from your local Ford dealer

Ford Spare Tire

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I've been eyeing a subwoofer that fits in the spare tire (there are 3 in existance) Because i have a distaste for randown speaker boxes in the hatch. It just occurred to me that the damn jack is in there (which I should have known or remembered).
I guess you solve one problem and create another.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I've been eyeing a subwoofer that fits in the spare tire (there are 3 in existance) Because i have a distaste for randown speaker boxes in the hatch. It just occurred to me that the damn jack is in there (which I should have known or remembered).
I guess you solve one problem and create another.
check this out, I want to do this too.

11" JBL BassPro Hub Subwoofer Install in 1991 Fox Body Mustang (Spare Tire Well Sub)​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkruADQwbk

My spare is about the same dimensions as 17's and is 4 lug.

Screenshot 2021-11-02 200409.jpg

Only when racing do you pull any of that stuff out
I travel heavy with tools when I am out on the road
There is a lot of open road around here and the loneliest road in America is close
We take 3 spares when we go Chukar hunting in the Hogups

Wish I didn't burn up my tires when I first got them. I couldn't believe the burnouts my car can do when I first got it. I bought the package deal wheels/tires from LMR and tore em up. Probably will need the spare sometime now that we are talking about it. Oh, if I could do it over again. If I could do it over I would get the five spoke chrome.

My pops took me for a ride in the police car when I was a very small kid. He says I was very quiet so when he turned around to check on me I was playing with a huge Rambo style knife that I had found in the backseat.