fuel injection opinions or ideas welcome!!

7.5LITERFOX

Jun 30, 2004
KENTUCKY
currently building a 557 cui big block compression will be approx 9.5
would like to know what anyone thinks would be the best route for me to go to put fuel injection on this motor? i am good with computers so if a fuel system requires one i can get one. i want something reliable with good tech support from who ever my sell a kit. future plans are a turbo charger on this motor so this may affect usable products due to fuel demands. was also thinking of going with a distributor less ignition any one ever used one of those? this is going to go in my 87 coupe. would have put this in 7.5 forum but i didnt see one! any recomendations are welcome! i will leave my 2.3 emblems on the car for sleeper look! lmao

• Sponsors (?)

cheap or expensive, and how much work do YOU want to do?

Cheapest.... 1227749 GM computer from Quad 4 Grand Prix, Turbo Sunbird or Sy/Ty. Diagrams on the net, just wire it in, and you can tune it youself with a $80 prom burner and free software. Works from a stadard magnetic trigger distributor.

NExt cheapest... Megasquirt and Spark. Build it yourself kit, good software, $140 for the kit.

For around $1000 there are a whole slew of Australian systems, like Wolf EMS, Link, Autronic, Microtech etc...

They will ALL need some sort of EFI intake though, or a VIcto 460 drilled for fuel injectors etc... and of course a fuel system.