Fuel line help Please!

AndyVK

Mar 14, 2013
Rockford MI
I recently purchased a 1990 lx roller. It was an original 5.0 AOD car. I found a complete 5.0 and T5 out of a 1992 GT. Here is my problem - when they removed the motor from my car the cut the fuel lines just under the disconnect. When I picked up the motor they cut the lines close to the same spot and left the disconnects hooked to the motor. (see pic) If I can cut the lines off the barbs on the disconnect fittings, do you think I can heat up the lines from the firewall with a heat gun and push them onto the barbs? I would love some feedback and different ideas. Also I'm not sure what line is the return and feed line from the injector rail. Thanks!
fuel.png

• Sponsors (?)

Why on Earth did they CUT the fuel lines?
Quick disconnect tools are CHEAP!
I THINK the large line is the feed line and the small one is the return. But it's been a little while since I've looked under the hood of my car.

Small line is pressure. It connects to the fuel injector rail side that has the schrader valve.
Large line is the return. Restriction in the return line causes an increase in fuel pressure that causes problems. It makes it difficult to get the fuel pressure adjusted properly.

Reactions: 1 user
My son bought a tool, I believe from RJM, that looks something like pliers, that push nylon hose onto the EFI barbs.
Otherwise, they say to put the end of the nylon hose into boiling water, to soften it up before pushing it onto the barbs.
The problem he had with that, leading to him buying the tool, is that the soft line would easily kink when you were pushing against it, and when the hose cooled, the kink would become permanent. With the special pliers, it gripped the hose from the sides, and pushed, which you can't really do with your fingers.

Besides, you gotta love any reason to buy new tools!
I know I do. You always have it after that.