Gas Mileage AGAIN

Anything special about Shell gas? That's what I tend to use...been on it for about 2 months now after switching from Chevron, which I might be going back to permanently since Shell seems to be the most expensive gas.

Exxon and Mobil are the same gas company. Exxon OWNS Mobil. I use Mobil all the time. As a matter of fact, I have been using Mobil gasoline now for over 8 years and I love them. They have excellent gasoline and I like the transponder which they have that I always use. I also get 15 to 17 MPG in the very cold wintertime with my V6 Mustang. This is normal because your engine works more in the very sub-zero colder weather. When springtime and summertime comes along, I get 19 to 21 MPG. So this is not bad for a V6 that has 200HP in it. If the V6 had less HP, it would be more economical. I don't really care about having less than 200HP and getting 26 to 28 MPG. I would rather have the HP and less MPG fuel mileage. The 17 to 19 MPG is very good for the V6. You have to learn to live with it.

Reactions: 1 user
I filled my 1999 stang 4 days ago, with the highest octane I could find (it has been sitting for three months). I am now at a quarter tank and only put about 130-150 miles on it. I kinda drive like a bat outta hell, I also put some Seafoam in the tank to clean the gunk out.