Getting new rear tires, suggestions....

Stangdriver13

Jul 31, 2006
Right now I have 255/40 kdwII's up front, the new tread design and I love the tire and I am considering putting them on the rear. But i would rather put a 275/40 on there instead so that leaves out the kdwII's. So i have been looking at nitto 555's, 555R's, and goodyear eagle F1 DS-G3's. The goodyears are the most expensive by about $50-70 dollar a tire so that doesnt appeal to me unless they are really that much better than the other choices. I started a forum awhile back about 555R's and basically everyone said to much tire for the power levels i'm at. So what does everyone think or another tire perferred?

• Sponsors (?)

I can see running 2 different tire sizes, front and back.....
but 2 different sizes and brands looks like %@#& especially
with the crazy tread pattern of the KDW's. You should just put
the KDW 255's all the way around.

That was my thought also, that's why I chose the option that I did because they resemble a y or v pattern as much as possible. I originally had kdw's all the way around on my stock rims but two of them were damaged when I hit a curb in a road construction sight. Like right now I hate the fact that I have the kdw's up front and eagle f1's in the rear looks like hell but i'm a broke college kid so i'm waiting to get this money back from the insurance so I can buy a new set.

Who the hell really cares if the tires are different brands:shrug: I mean unless your showing the car who the really gives a chit? I mean there are plenty of other things that bother me. With that said i have the 555's (non DR) and they are a good tire.

I know that most people wouldn't notice, but won't different tires from different manufacturers grip differently? I would guess one may be stickier than the other, etc. Would this affect handling at all? I don't like surprises. I'm a same tire on all four corners guy unless it comes to D/R's and you are using them on the track.

yea i dont really mind different tires lol who really cares? more importantly, who gives THAT much of a crap about what people think about their treads lol chances are the car is sick anyways, i think having to match no matter what is just a bit of a stickler preference. :shrug:

Yea i could give a rats a$$ if my tread pattern matched. I just wanted something that would hook but didn't really need a drag radial so that when I came across these. Have a better wear rating but still sticky and same price as the DR's were