Getting ready to Tune! Damn Scared!

I received the tweecer last week and am getting ready to use it. I already downloaded the sticky from here and the manual. Any other good advice I can have? For now I just want to mess with the FAN settings, the smog, egr, rev limiter, and the damn shift points. I don't want to get too technical with it yet. I'll be porting the heads and installing .194 valves soon with 30lb inj so I want to wait on the whole a/f mixture. It's not the R/T model. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

95Vert said:
I received the tweecer last week and am getting ready to use it. I already downloaded the sticky from here and the manual. Any other good advice I can have? For now I just want to mess with the FAN settings, the smog, egr, rev limiter, and the damn shift points. I don't want to get too technical with it yet. I'll be porting the heads and installing .194 valves soon with 30lb inj so I want to wait on the whole a/f mixture. It's not the R/T model. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The first thing to do is know you can do the following things:

1 read the pcm
2 make a simple change and save the file
3 upload the new file
4 start up the car for conformation of the new change

Since you can't datalog for verification ..............

I'd do something like add 200 rpm to the idle for #2 because you will know without datalogging if your new change went well for you.

Have fun :banana:

Grady

95Vert said:

I'd say hold off on the head work and use the money to upgrade to the R/T model. It is worth it's weight in gold. Otherwise you are guessing in the wind.