Going to look at a 67 Coupe...

afast93stang

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2002
North Texas
Hey guys, I usually post in the 5.0 forums but I might be joining the classic ranks soon. Im going to look at a 67 Coupe this weekend and I was wondering what are some red flags I should look for? I know about the cowl leak and the rusted floor boards and frame rails. Where else should I point my flashlight?

Its a C code but it has a 302 in it now. The guys wants $4200 for it. He says it runs and it just needs to be tagged and inspected. There is/was a leak in the 1/4 window that rusted the rear passenger floorboard. Going from the pics is this a fair price?

Attachments

• image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 128
  • image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Sponsors (?)

I think if you paid under $5,000 you got a good deal. It looks good, the floor isn't all that big a deal and they're only going up in value. A guy I used to work with wanted $5000 for an absolutely rotten '67 coupe and he wouldn't budge on the price at all. You did good on that car.

seems like a pretty good deal

I talked him down to $3750 and my wife and I trailered the coupe about 250 miles home Saturday. It now sits in the garage next to my 93 coupe. The fun begins! :cheers:

Seems like you did pretty well - especially by talking him down ....

So what are your plans - are you going to make a Terlingua racing coupe?

Attachments

• trt.jpg
    trt.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 70
Ive barley even started the plans, ive had the car less than a week and I havnt even gotten to work on it :(

I think it will be a restomod but nothing too wild. Ive been looking at Mustang Steve's disk brake conversions. In the next month or two I would like to at least get the rear passenger floor fixed and possibly pull the motor for a visual inspection and gasket rebuild. I also have to do something with the drivers seat because it has a 2x4 propping it up right now.