going to look at an 84 5.0 tommorow

slow3gt

Nov 30, 2005
nashville tn
tommorow i am going to look at an 84 5.0 auto coupe bone stock w/250k on original motor i havent seen it yet but i know someone who has and he said the body is in decent shape and the car runs pretty well its for sale for $500 does this sound like a good deal? it seems like it to me..i was gonna get this car for a toy and to eventually build a new motor to put it in but im hoping it is reliable enough to use as a DD this winter the only thing i dont like is that it is an auto which i plan on swapping to a t-5 how hard is to do the swap and how much would it cost?

• Sponsors (?)

BadAndy said:
you had best jump on it!!! ---and that motor probably has another 100.000 mile left in it, many times they last past that

now i dont know about all that(maybe if it was well taken car of)... but neverless its sounds like a good deal, as long as its not rusted all to hell.

z2o_what said:
now i dont know about all that(maybe if it was well taken car of)... but neverless its sounds like a good deal, as long as its not rusted all to hell.

X2 if the body, front and rear frame rails, and floors look good. I would buy it for sure.

T5 swap isn't hard, just a little time consuming as you spent alot of time upside down.

i just bought it for $400 the body is in decent shape and the car looks pretty good very little rust, the only problem is a bad ground somewhere so it has to be jumped off to run and dies some, the motor sounds suprisingly good for its age, and the interior is in good shape too hopefully we can fix it pretty easily