Got the Anderson Top End Kit Installed

93 teal terror

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
Durham N.C.
I think I finally got most of the bugs worked out. Probably still needs a tune. Running really rich. I love the cam in this thing. Sounds great if you ask me. The top end power band is quite different with the stock 2:73's in it. Its funny, it actually acts a lot like the 997 911 I have. Loves above 3k RPMs.

I will say its a little hard to drive at lower speeds. I think the 3:73s I have had for 10 years in the box will help that. Anderson recommend 4:10s lol

First hard pull and the tires broke loose at the top of first. Kinda crazy. In a fun way.

View: https://youtu.be/eC3S5FNkP6E

20211114_171145.jpg
20211114_171236.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks me too. I've been wanting to do a HCI for over 20 years. You know its funny after all this time, it kind of just feels like a newer car with less grip. The expedition has the twin turbo V6 and the truck the coyote 5.0 with probably similar numbers though obviously both are pigs.

Either way I am impressed how good it runs with almost 200k miles on the stock short block.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I finally got most of the bugs worked out. Probably still needs a tune. Running really rich. I love the cam in this thing. Sounds great if you ask me. The top end power band is quite different with the stock 2:73's in it. Its funny, it actually acts a lot like the 997 911 I have. Loves above 3k RPMs.

I will say its a little hard to drive at lower speeds. I think the 3:73s I have had for 10 years in the box will help that. Anderson recommend 4:10s lol

First hard pull and the tires broke loose at the top of first. Kinda crazy. In a fun way.

20211114_171145.jpg
20211114_171236.jpg

Nix all that and install a twin screw. The 2:73s will help to keep the tires from spinning in 3rd and 4th. :jester:

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure it always just said Anderson Ford Motorsports in the emails. But I don't have any complaints. The cam was out of stock when I bought mine but it came in a couple of months which fit my 2 yr build schedule lol

Well after a 70 mile drive, its leaking oil at the front of the motor pretty badly. I think its just the front main seal. I am a little concerned though, when I bought a new cover, it came a little warped and was "flexible" so I figured it would just conform to the motor once bolted in. I am going to try to just replace the seal without taking the water pump etc off and hopefully its just that.

20211114_171145.jpg
20211114_171236.jpg

I have an '86 with TFS TW heads, Edelbrock intake and Ford E303 cam, and I had 2.73s until I replaced them with 3.55s last year. Mine is also difficult to drive at low speeds, even with the 3.55s, but better than with the 2.73s.

I'm getting some pricing on having it tuned and the shop also does install work. Depending on the pricing, I might have them at least do the gears and new differential I've had for 10 years, possibly the front main seal too.

Time is at a premium at the moment and I'd just like to drive the car after putting only about 500 miles on it in the past 10 years. I also need to get a new mid pipe (h or x?), right now the stock gutted one is on because I had to get it inspected and they still do a visual here.

It sure is. Used a dremel cutting wheel and cleaned it up with a deburring bit. It comes with a sort of plastic strip that is really difficult to get on. But once its on there it seems to stay. Right now I just have the filter/maf free but there is a bracket I want to mount it to the fender once I put the fender back on for good. If you come up with a better way, let me know. The instructions or lack of are pretty spartan.