Got the Stang dyno tuned last nite and....

n2o-89fox

Oct 8, 2007
ca
Well, I went and go the stang dyno tuned last night it made 285 rwhp and 325 rwtq on motor and then we shot it with a 150 shot and my clutch gave up. But the first sec of the run it pulled 385 rwhp and 433 rwtq. It shot smoke out of the clutch area and the engine rev really fast so I got to get me a new clutch. That also was with a 10.0 a/f so a very safe tune. We adjusted the clutch to see if we could get it to hold and the when we sprayed it it put down a whopping 100rwhp and I dont even think it mesured the torque. I will post the graph as soon as they email it to me but af was 12.5 na and when we redid the nitrous tune it was 10.8 to make it safe. Also as soon as I get a new clutch new numbers will come hoping to see 410rwhp and 500rwtq.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks that you smoked the clutch. But good numbers. Just get yourself a good Centerforce Dual Friction and let er rip again!! My car has been making over 400RWHP for 5 years with the clutch. Track and street duty.

Do they have a problem? Or known to fail?

Back when my car was around 300 rwhp and destroyed one, even though it was something stupid that I did to finish it off it was on its way out. I believe its only really rated for 300 rwhp or something. Had one in the car this past year and it was a joke on the track, literally smoking for 1320'...a lot more power then its rated for clearly but it was slipping a bit at times on the street also. Personally I'll never use one again in anything I ever own. Ram makes a a nasty setup for cheap, 900 series. 650 rwhp/600ft/lbs I believe, and its priced around $350-380. Dual friction is $300 and a joke. wouldn't hurt to get a billet flywheel either!

I had a centerforce DF on an 89 I used to have putting down 300rwhp and absolutely loved the clutch! Had no slipping issues whatsoever and drove very smooth with zero chatter......if I ever need one in my current car it will be this clutch.:nice:

Now, with the juice, obviously you are making quite a bit more power, so I can't vouch for that. I know there are plenty of guys that use it and make similar power to you, but I'm sure it won't last as long with the nitrous.

FWIW, Centerforce also makes the DFX, which I'm sure would hold your power with no problem, but it is a bit more $$$.

My $.02

I had a centerforce DF on an 89 I used to have putting down 300rwhp and absolutely loved the clutch! Had no slipping issues whatsoever and drove very smooth with zero chatter......if I ever need one in my current car it will be this clutch.:nice:

Now, with the juice, obviously you are making quite a bit more power, so I can't vouch for that. I know there are plenty of guys that use it and make similar power to you, but I'm sure it won't last as long with the nitrous.

FWIW, Centerforce also makes the DFX, which I'm sure would hold your power with no problem, but it is a bit more $$$.

My $.02

Should have mentioned the DFX also, thats a good clutch

Just thought I would update, new numbers are in sig! Got her done last night!! Cage goes in next week and off to the track I go... I had a couple of things holding be back with the first dyno tune like the 19# injectors and slipping clutch. Picked up 10 rwhp with changing to 24's and 10 rwtq. I will have the dyno sheet when I go back up to fresno on next friday. Also af was 12.5 na and 10.9-11.2 on the juice.