GT-40 intake from a 98 explorer. EGR questions

stang-geoff

Jan 2, 2010
I just went to a junkyard today and pulled an intake off of an explorer. I'm confused.

The explorer had the typical egr system you see on most late model fords, but the upper and lower intake manifold still have that little egr port that goes through the middle. Is it possible for the car to have the egr ports but it simply doesn't use it? :shrug:

Now as far as performance gains with the cast upper intake will I see benefits over the stock upper on my mustang? Someone told me only the lower intake will give me gains and the throttle body.

• Sponsors (?)

Here are some pics of the upper and lower

manifold.jpg

manifold2.jpg

The Explorer uses an external EGR, but since they are borrowing parts from the Cobra, Ford left the internal EGR pumbing for a few years.

So yes, you can hook it up and use the internal EGR fine. You got lucky and picked up one that has the EGR provisions. Most explorer intakes do not have it

Hey guys I never got around to installing this manifold. I got the manifold tapped for the air intake temp sensor today, but where is this area I need to tap for the egr return?