Fox Guess My Horsepower

Hey guys, im trying to figure out around what horsepower my car makes with the parts it has. I cant track dyno it yet because it still has a t5 and i dont want it exploding by chance from pushing it too hard. Ill list the parts and have you guys guess. I personally think about 300 at the crank but im no expert.

1. Holly 650 DP
2. Edelbrock RPM
3. Trick flow track heat 170s
4. Forged rods and pistons
5. Stage 2 trick flow track max (i think thats the name)
6. BBK ceramic long tubes
7. Smog delete
8. 4 core aluminum radiator
9. MSD ignition
10. Black widow mufflers
11. True dual exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

I’ve drag raced with that power level and sticky tires. 1st gear isn’t your concern,unless you dead hook and that probably won’t break the transmission. It will more than likely “break” if/when you power shift it into 3rd gear. At least that’s what happened to me lol.

Also dead hooks are super hard on axles,u joints,driveshafts and clutch’s. If you consistently do hook that hard something will eventually break...maybe the first time and maybe on the 100th. Just know that if you track it...the weak link will be found.

Love the wheel choice Btw

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve drag raced with that power level and sticky tires. 1st gear isn’t your concern,unless you dead hook and that probably won’t break the transmission. It will more than likely “break” if/when you power shift it into 3rd gear. At least that’s what happened to me lol.

Also dead hooks are super hard on axles,u joints,driveshafts and clutch’s. If you consistently do hook that hard something will eventually break...maybe the first time and maybe on the 100th. Just know that if you track it...the weak link will be found.

Love the wheel choice Btw
Ive never been able to dead hook with these tires. If i floor it, it will spin and fishtail until 3rd. 1st red lines and then 2nd stays at 5k and 3rd drops to like 4600 and it hooks. the cooper cobras it has wont alow any sort of hook. Plus its only a 255/60/15 rear anyway. And thank you! Its my favorite wheel for the foxes. Expsensive as hell but worth it. And BTW what did you run in the quarter and or eighth mile with that power and tires. I speculate mine will run a 13.00 the first run and after i adjust the carb maybe a 12.6 or 12.5. I live in midland texas. The air here is horrible. Cars that run 9s in dallas will only run a 10.5s or slower here

I had traction problems too until I put on Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR. They did not totally eliminate traction problems but they did improve it enough to say the car is definitely different. In full throttle 2nd they'll sing like the fat lady but they hold for the most part and keep acceleration on tap.

I agree that 3 gear is the weak point. I have no problem slamming 1-2 and 3-4. But I wont slam the 2-3 shift.

With a bias ply “slick” you should be able to run in the mid 12’s is my guess depending on the air and suspension,your skill,etc etc.

I ran 12.10’s with about 375 hp(complete guess-never dyno’d) it was a bone stock motor with Bolton’s. The 150hp nitrous not being the major Bolton lol.