H&R Race springs/Bilstein struts install...only half an inch drop in the front?!?!

i dont believe the ball joints will do anything for height... they are set to one height or another to acommodate the ride height, not using the joints for height changes. removing the top and bottom isolators from the front and back will give not quite another 1/2"... ut i dont recommend it... personal preference.... and you put your geometry that much farther out then it already is. your call

Torinalth

• Sponsors (?)

Torinalth said:
i dont believe the ball joints will do anything for height... they are set to one height or another to acommodate the ride height, not using the joints for height changes. removing the top and bottom isolators from the front and back will give not quite another 1/2"... ut i dont recommend it... personal preference.... and you put your geometry that much farther out then it already is. your call

Torinalth
Steeda's X2 Balljoint changes the geometry on the Mustang by raising the spindle relative to the balljoint pivot-point. Here is a picture of the stock on right and Steeda X2 on the left.
balljointsmall2ni.jpg

They come with spacer rings to put under the springs if you do not want the car to be any lower than it was before the install of the X2's.

Attachments

• balljointsmall2ni.jpg
    balljointsmall2ni.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 65
hotrodnut said:
Steeda's X2 Balljoint changes the geometry on the Mustang by raising the spindle relative to the balljoint pivot-point. Here is a picture of the stock on right and Steeda X2 on the left.
balljointsmall2ni.jpg

They come with spacer rings to put under the springs if you do not want the car to be any lower than it was before the install of the X2's.

yes, however you are missing the point. the ball joint replacements are not made to change the ride height... yes , the spindle location will be different, as you need to correct that area of the geometric equasion once you are lowered passed a certain point, and the spacers are there to adjust to whatever height your car is currently... they are not there to change ride height, and i dont believe they do... springs drop the height, and once you get low enough the replacement ball joints fix a single problem with going lower, they by themselves, do nothing for ride height, so would not realy do anything for the current issue of not being low enough.

Torinalth

Attachments

• balljointsmall2ni.jpg
    balljointsmall2ni.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 54
Torinalth said:
yes, however you are missing the point. the ball joint replacements are not made to change the ride height... yes , the spindle location will be different, as you need to correct that area of the geometric equasion once you are lowered passed a certain point, and the spacers are there to adjust to whatever height your car is currently... they are not there to change ride height, and i dont believe they do... springs drop the height, and once you get low enough the replacement ball joints fix a single problem with going lower, they by themselves, do nothing for ride height, so would not realy do anything for the current issue of not being low enough.

Torinalth
Yes, their design intent is not to lower a car, but the result of their design does, it is a fact if the included spacer plates are left out the result is a lower ride height.