Halloween storm damage...Ouch !!!!!

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
Check this out.... Going to bed last night around mid-nite....hear what sounds like snow sliding off the roof. Then I hear my wifes car alarm going off????

Insurance company is coming this week with a flatbed.... she's totaled.

004_1_4.jpg

005_1_4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well I was looking to trade it in and it would have been worth jack as that.... she had some issues and at 111k was ready for some work.... KBB should be around 5k and I had full coverage on it....:D

crane from the tree company had to hoist it up over the house to the other side....wife said it was freaky to watch. Company is coming tomorrow morning to haul the car away... Def a crazy weekend.

Just last week I had to turn my 99 Tacoma back in to Toyota on a buyback for frame rust.... they cut me a check for 11.340 on that....:nice:

I been playing the lottery like a mofo since I'm on a streak....

Ya the deal from Toyota is 150% of KBB at excellant value regardless of the shape. Mine was a base model...most got way more than mine....Its a pretty sweet deal for sure.

The tree thing was lucky for sure.....hitting the truck saved the house bigtime and no one was close to getting hurt. This isn't the first time I had issues with trees...got to many close to the house. Every storm I get freaked out.....:eek:

I switched over to Safeco last year for my car & home. They towed the truck on Tuesday and Wednesday called us with 5500.00 for the truck....:nice:
That thing had 111k and I was looking at dumping at least 1500.00 into it and she needed some work. I almost cancelled the full coverage a few months back...I would have got nada as all the auto is covered under that only...your house coverage dont give chit towards that type of damage.

They have yet to get an estimator here on the house.... thats another 3500.00 easy.