Harness and dash swap

1slo5ohh

Jan 25, 2009
Maryland
Bought a 90 LX and the strut towers are rusted pretty bad, I thought I'd might be able to cut out the bad and fix it but its worse then I thought and I just wouldnt trust driving it so I got an 89 LX roller from a buddy but it has no engine harness. Tried searching and it looks like a 90 wont work with anything but a 90 harness. How much of a pain is it to swap the complete harness and ecu from the 90 to the 89? Was also wondering how difficult it would be to swap the dash from the 90 into the 89 because the interior is mint and Id like to swap it into the 89 if its worth the time. Any insight on it would be great. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

dash swap shouldnt be any harder than changing a heater core, i just pulled my whole dash apart to get at my harness in a few hours(electrical fire=fun). if you swap the harness and everything, it should be good to go, all the mounting points are the same, and there will be no re-wiring needed since youre also using the 90's ecu harness.

btw, if you want to get rid of the 89's dash harness, let me know, im in need of one.