Headlights? - An Other Stuff that's [not] Headlights

Worked on this carpet most of the weekend and I have tried absolutely everything that i can get my hands on. It looks a good bit better than it did when I started on it but it is still way away from where I want it to be. I do not know what to do with it from here, looks like I will be changing it out. Does anyone know a better option on the carpet than LMR? Couple people on here said the LMR stuff could be better than what it is and I am putting dynamat down while I have all of this out so I would like some decent carpet to go back with. I thought about dye as well but I am not so sure that dye would cover some of this stuff it is pretty dark. Anyone had any experience with dye on carpet like mine? Thanks!
mustang 22.jpg
mustang 23.jpg
mustang 24.jpg
mustang 25.jpg
mustang 26.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

It has been many years and I cannot vouch for their construction [today] however, The last time I bought FMS wires, they arced after less than a year of use. The replacement set leaked out of the box (night time, engine running, hood open).

I haven't bought a set of FMS wires since. I went Taylor wires and cut them to fit.
Thanks for the heads up on that might have just saved me! Have you ever ran edelbrock wires? They have pretty good reviews online but they are expensive 100$ or a little over on some websites.

On carpet and interior fabric I use liquid Downy fabric softer and Dawn dish soap in warm/ hot water. I've got a cheap little green machine carpet cleaner vacuum from Target. I dip a rag in the stuff and rub the dirt out...then use the little carpet cleaner vacuum to suck the stuff out. Its cleaned stuff out that looked worse than that. Another old detailer trick is to use the old Ambersol original aerosol shaving cream ( just a couple bucks at walmart..in a metal dark blue and white can ). That stuff actually works pretty good. With both cleaning methods a soft brush come in handy.

The carpets for our cars are so cheap now it's almost better just to replace it. Just make sure you get a decent brand with the jute style backing.

On carpet and interior fabric I use liquid Downy fabric softer and Dawn dish soap in warm/ hot water. I've got a cheap little green machine carpet cleaner vacuum from Target. I dip a rag in the stuff and rub the dirt out...then use the little carpet cleaner vacuum to suck the stuff out. Its cleaned stuff out that looked worse than that. Another old detailer trick is to use the old Ambersol original aerosol shaving cream ( just a couple bucks at walmart..in a metal dark blue and white can ). That stuff actually works pretty good. With both cleaning methods a soft brush come in handy.

The carpets for our cars are so cheap now it's almost better just to replace it. Just make sure you get a decent brand with the jute style backing.
I have tried hot water with tide and dawn dish soap, I bought a carpet brush that goes on a drill and some carpet cleaner (best they offer) from the detail supplier we use. I also got a Bissell pro heat carpet cleaner and deep clean solution to go with it this weekend, used a pressure washer with purple power both diluted and concentrated. I borrowed my friends gas powered pressure washer that has 4100 p.s.i, all of this to no avail. I did purchase some dye but I am not sure it will cover the dark places. Which carpet brands are the best? I have heard that LMR stuff isn't the greatest. Thanks!

I have tried hot water with tide and dawn dish soap, I bought a carpet brush that goes on a drill and some carpet cleaner (best they offer) from the detail supplier we use. I also got a Bissell pro heat carpet cleaner and deep clean solution to go with it this weekend, used a pressure washer with purple power both diluted and concentrated. I borrowed my friends gas powered pressure washer that has 4100 p.s.i, all of this to no avail. I did purchase some dye but I am not sure it will cover the dark places. Which carpet brands are the best? I have heard that LMR stuff isn't the greatest. Thanks!

I hope one of our other members can chime in on that. I installed the cheap carpet in a customers car and the edge by the drivers door barely fit under the sill plate. It was cut about an inch or so too narrow and It was also really thin. Other than that it worked and looked better but I wouldn't put it in my car. Im not sure where he ordered it from. I've never had to replace the factory carpet in any of my foxes...other than my convertible. I actually made a custom fit black carpet for that car.

ACC Mass Back carpet is about the best you'll get.

I should really change out my carpet, but mine really isn't in bad shape.

This is what I have and I agree. My only word of advice would be to get your windows tinted and park in garage/covered parking if you can. When I lift up my floor mats, I can tell that my carpet has faded some over time. I haven't always had the ability to store the car in a garage.

The ACC hatch carpet, on the other hand, is a disgrace and should be avoided at all costs.

What year model explorer is the best to get the throttle body/maf etc from that I see people using? I have seen some information here saying 95-97 is that correct? Thanks!

You don’t want the MAF though. You want a 94-95 mustang MAF with a9x ECU and 19# injectors

You don’t want the MAF though. You want a 94-95 mustang MAF with a9x ECU and 19# injectors
Thanks for the info! Have you done all of this to your fox? Is it worth doing?

dynomat.jpg
dynamat 2.jpg
dynamat 3.jpg

This is what I have been working on lately. I went the cheap route but I am doing 2 and in some places 3 layers of the cheaper stuff and still saving money vs buying dynamat. I read a study/experiment that was done online comparing the two and with 2 layers the results were very similar and in some areas not distinguishable. This is very time consuming and a pain to do, but I feel like it will be worth it in the long run. I am putting this everywhere inside the car that has bare metal even putting it under the headliner and behind the door panels. I have the floor basically covered now with 1 layer starting on the second and have about 12 hours or so of time in doing it. I just wanted to give you guys an update on the build and please excuse my mess I had just gotten the headliner out when I took these pictures and it was about 11 o clock last night.

Reactions: 2 users
I did the dynomat from the firewall where the factory insulation was to the taillights, the difference was noticeable, if you are using the cheaper stuff I would double up on the high heat area, the floor boards where the exhaust runs and trans tunnel, the roof would get a double layer too, the doors, in my opinion would not need a second layer.
I used about 25 lbs of material, I didn't do my roof, I will do that someday.

I did the dynomat from the firewall where the factory insulation was to the taillights, the difference was noticeable, if you are using the cheaper stuff I would double up on the high heat area, the floor boards where the exhaust runs and trans tunnel, the roof would get a double layer too, the doors, in my opinion would not need a second layer.
I used about 25 lbs of material, I didn't do my roof, I will do that someday.
Did you notice a difference in heat and road noise?

Is there a special wire separator kit you guys use on plug wires? I bought several generic separators and just cant seem to get it to my liking. I have never had this much trouble separating plug wires and getting them in order. The wires I bought do seem a little long that could be the issue I am having. I was just curious. Thanks!

Is there a special wire separator kit you guys use on plug wires? I bought several generic separators and just cant seem to get it to my liking. I have never had this much trouble separating plug wires and getting them in order. The wires I bought do seem a little long that could be the issue I am having. I was just curious. Thanks!

The wire separator kit isn't nearly as important as cutting your own custom length wires. I've never seen a set of pre-cut wires that had lengths that ever made any damned sense for routing.

I understand the idea behind having cylinder pairs in equal lengths but seriously... That quarter of a nanosecond isn't going to change engine operation.

I noticed a difference in noise and radiant heat.
You can cut the wires to fit. I put the wires in the cap first then put the separators on and cut the wires and put new plug ends on.
I actually use zip ties for separators. Old stock car trick.

One of the Fox body YouTube guys did a whole video on doing the zip ties. He had so many people asking about it he just did a how to. It's very simple but is nice to see it done before you do.

Anyone know where I can get 2 front factory seat covers? LMR sells as a set my back seats are fine just wanting the front 2. Has anyone used the LMR seat covers are they pretty good quality? Thanks! Sorry I have not updated recently just been super busy with work have not had a ton of time to work on the car.