Help Me Decode This Vin - A Real Cobra?

I already checked like 5 different VIN checkers and it comes back as a 5.0, NOT a Cobra. I read that the 8th digit HAS to be a "D" for it to be a Cobra, then I read somewhere that "E" was also an option for Cobra? I believe it said it was like 205 HP..

Anyways, the VIN is:

1FACP45E9PF198451

Let me know what you think - real Cobra or 5.0 GT with Cobra Engine/Emblems?

Thanks!

Additionally what throws me off, is the Carfax displays it as a Cobra. I have not purchased the Carfax, but on the main site, that is what it says... I might just have to pull the trigger and buy the Carfax.

I am leaning towards it not being a real Cobra because of the 8th digit "E", but like I said, I cam across a website that showed a Cobra having an "E" option although I thought they were only "D"s.

• Sponsors (?)

sorry. it's a GT.. and a CONVERTIBLE as clement pointed out.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin-decoder-results/

VIN: 1FACP45E9PF198451
World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions
VIN Code: 1FA
Assembly Country: United States
Make: Ford
Body Style: Convertible
Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position
VIN Code: C
Brake System: Standard
Restraint: Driver Front Air Bag/Passenger Active Belts
Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions
VIN Code: P45
Vehicle Line: Mustang
Series: GT
Vehicle Type: Passenger Car
Engine Type - 8th Position
VIN Code: E
Engine: 5.0 L
Cylinders: 8
Fuel: Gasoline
Model Year - 10th Position
VIN Code: P
Model Year: 1993
Assembly Plant - 11th Position
VIN Code: F
Assembly Plant: DEARBORN, MICHIGAN
Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th
VIN Code: 198451
Prod Sequence Number 198451
Additional Information
Wheel Axles Wheelbase: 201.0
New Search

If it was a REAL COBRA it would look like this

VIN: 1FACP42D3PF141464
World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions
VIN Code: 1FA
Assembly Country: United States
Make: Ford
Body Style: Hatchback
Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position
VIN Code: C
Brake System: Standard
Restraint: Driver Front Air Bag/Passenger Active Belts
Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions
VIN Code: P42
Vehicle Line: Mustang
Series: Cobra
Vehicle Type: Passenger Car
Engine Type - 8th Position
VIN Code: D
Engine: 5.0 L
Cylinders: 8
Fuel: Gasoline
Model Year - 10th Position
VIN Code: P
Model Year: 1993
Assembly Plant - 11th Position
VIN Code: F
Assembly Plant: DEARBORN, MICHIGAN
Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th
VIN Code: 141464
Prod Sequence Number 141464
Additional Information
Wheel Axles Wheelbase: 201.0

Man, I hate when people try and scam others with this phony Cobra nonsense. I am seeing this more and more these days. If the guy would lie about something as blatant as this, what else is he misrepresenting about the car...miles, accidents, etc. That enough is reason for me to walk. I don't do business with crooks.

He calls it a GT in the title and only has COBRA in parenthesis. Usually that's done when people search specific terms so that anyone searching COBRA would get a hit on his ad. Nowhere else does he call it a Cobra.

Not trying to be rude, thats why I said no offense....but the way I see it is that the guy just wants a "cobra" and thats what he's been searching for...so he should know what they look like...a simple wikipedia search would have told him how rare a 93 cobra is and what to look for...

I understand we are here to help eachother, but this is a little much...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

By the way, I emailed the poster about changing the title of the ad and this is the reply I got...

Who in the :leghump: are u to know anything your name just about says it all crackattack

Actually I said no offense, not a fence...lol...but seriously, im just being honest, the only thing on tge car that says cobra is the emblems, and even those are incorrect from the looks of it...

Actually I said no offense, not a fence...lol

Okkkkkaayyy, not sure where you got that, but that's for sharing? :scratch:

...but seriously, im just being honest, the only thing on tge car that says cobra is the emblems, and even those are incorrect from the looks of it...

As for the Cobra confusion. Let's not forget the many Canadian sold GT's that garnished "Cobra" decals along with the GT monogram. I see GT's advertised as Cobra's here all the time. It kinda perturbs me a little, just the same as when I see Explorer intake manifolds advertised as Cobra, or GT40 intake manifolds. It's all in the details.

As for how the OP responded to your Email. Well....you can hardly blame him. I'd probably go tell you to :leghump: your hat too if you insulted me like that.