help me find best price for SS catted x-pipe 99-04 GT

timintex

Feb 15, 2007
Hey guys,

As the title says, I need some help finding the cheapest, most easily fitted SS x-pipe for my 01 GT. Brand doesn't really matter as long as its catted, SS, and doesnt have a bad reputation for fitment issues. If you could give me a link or a suggestion for a site thatd be great. Im ready to order but want to get a good price.

• Sponsors (?)

You dont care the brand? Any catted stainless steel x pipe wont exactly be "cheap". Exhaust, while does yield some hp gains/performance, for the most part is selected for sound preferance, so I would decide what sound you want as they can be widely different. How do you not care what you are getting you just want to throw some cash down on something someone says is the cheapest thing you can buy?

You dont care the brand? Any catted stainless steel x pipe wont exactly be "cheap". Exhaust, while does yield some hp gains/performance, for the most part is selected for sound preferance, so I would decide what sound you want as they can be widely different. How do you not care what you are getting you just want to throw some cash down on something someone says is the cheapest thing you can buy?

The guy's just looking for a bargain.

It's not easy finding a "cheap" stainless midpipe unless you get a used one off ebay or the classified ads. Bassani's are by far the most expensive (as far as I've seen) at about $525 new. You can get a Magnaflow catted midpipe for about $440 and the same goes for SLP.

BBK is the cheapest from what I've seen, but please don't get it. They sound like :puke:

The guy's just looking for a bargain.

It's not easy finding a "cheap" stainless midpipe unless you get a used one off ebay or the classified ads. Bassani's are by far the most expensive (as far as I've seen) at about $525 new. You can get a Magnaflow catted midpipe for about $440 and the same goes for SLP.

BBK is the cheapest from what I've seen, but please don't get it. They sound like :puke:

Plus BBK is aluminized, not stainless, & yeah it sounds like @$$. Bassani's, SLP, & Magnaflow are all nice. I would probably get Bassani if it was me, but I prefer the MRT catted h over all of those. It has a better, deeper, more muscular sound, & its stainless too. Like Seraphitia said, stainless is never cheap...

Completely understand he wants a bargain, who wouldn't. But what you said is exactly what I mean. For instance as you said, BBK is the cheapest you've seen but sounds horrible. Why would someone get a midpipe that sounds horrible no matter how cheap it is, you know? I would say if you are in the market for exhaust you want your car to sound good, spend a little more money and get something you think sounds great.

If you are looking at getting a exhaust and are looking at americanmuscle.com, use the discount code "mustang boards" for 6% savings. They have excellent customer service/and offer quick and free shipping. Have dealt with them a few times and am very happy.

Thanks for your input guys. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't mean I wanted something for "cheap". I know SS won't be cheap. I live on an island and rust is a huge concern. I am not a cheapo (Im spending almost 500 to change the note of my exhaust a little), Im just lookin for the "cheapest" deal of one of the good ones I can get. Thanks!!

Thanks for your input guys. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't mean I wanted something for "cheap". I know SS won't be cheap. I live on an island and rust is a huge concern. I am not a cheapo (Im spending almost 500 to change the note of my exhaust a little), Im just lookin for the "cheapest" deal of one of the good ones I can get. Thanks!!

Here are a couple of X pipes on Ebay with free shipping. I personally have had that bassani x on my old GT & it fit nicely. Sound was pretty mean too....The thing I liked was the fact that the cats are removeable & it comes with extra straight pipe to put in there place if u wanna go catless from time to time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BASS...ryZ33630QQihZ007QQitemZ170125074014QQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGN...tegoryZ33633QQihZ007QQitemZ170126842803QQrdZ1

Here is my personal favorite midpipe...

http://store.mrt-direct.com/mrt-chpipe.html

Thanks for the link.So 499.99 or so.. anyone else got SS for cheaper? J Just asking not saying I must have. It never hurts to ask I've always learned. Also I have some more questions on x-pipes but I'm gonna post a new thread. I want to keep price talk and recommendations for my x-pipe in this one.

Ohhh that Americanmuscle place has the SLP stainless steel catted for 409... not bad. How are they on fitment and sound? I think I may have found my x-pipe. And whats the deal with that shorty catted x-pipe for 300? Why is it so cheap? Good price there... Whats "shorty" mean? I want it to bolt in.

Do you have catback, if so what do you have. If you're going with SLP make sure you know, ITS LOUD.

Well the catback is but if you dont already have it I dont think a mid would make it that loud alone. But yeah the loudmouth exhaust is friggin loud. I would really suggest searching on that site, mustangexhaust.com/forums. They have TONS of threads about what exhausts sound like what and you can even hear the clips for yourself. You will be much happier spending like a hundred extra bucks or maybe even 100 less bucks but just getting what sound you want.

The SLP mid should sound pretty good with the Magnaflows. After all this talk of stainless steel, u are aware that the Flowmaster catback you have is aluminized right? The Magnaflows are SS, but the Flowmaster piping is aluminized except for the tips which are ss.

well the CB was already on the car, i just got SS magnas cause of the drone on the highway. I may just go non SS but I mean for 409 why not. How much cheaper can the non SS be, I haven't found one yet under 340-350 with cats so I mean 50 more bucks for SS is worth it. If yal know of a site for like 300-310 for the non SS I would but I don't think its out there.

Thank you 03REDGTSTANG, I ordered the SLP Catted-X from that site. BEst price for SS. That site is great and a good recommendation. Too bad they dont have the billet shifter bezel and gauge insert. I wouldv'e ordered all my billet stuff from there too!! haha. Wow I cannot wait for this pipe to come in!!