Help, My Car Keeps Stalling On Me!

FastStang 2

Apr 13, 2006
I just got my car ('93 GT) out of the shop this past week. Since then, my car has stalled on me twice (from being in drive) and some odd minutes later it would start back up. I have a Pro Billet MSD distibutor. At the shop, they swapped my ignition module. They replaced my MSD (which was supposedly malfunctioning) for a cheap imitation. Before my car went to the shop, it never had that problem. Could it be the module or the fuel pump relay that is responsible for this behavior?

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed.

Also you didnt post enough info about any other symptoms for us to even make decent guesses.

Good luck.

I had meant info like what you found while retrieving trouble codes, etc.

IAC or ignition issues are still quite possible.

I'd see what the shop says.

Good luck.

OK, buddies. It looks like I've got no choice.:Damnit: I'll be bringing it back to the damn shop. I'm telling you....... It's just not easy to find an honest mechanic these days....... those F#@$en Rip-offs!:fuss:

FastStang 2 said:
OK, buddies. It looks like I've got no choice.:Damnit: I'll be bringing it back to the damn shop. I'm telling you....... It's just not easy to find an honest mechanic these days....... those F#@$en Rip-offs!:fuss:

Try to give the shop the benefit of the doubt when you go in there.
You will probably get better results than if you just start ranting.

:OT:
I hear you though.
My (now ex) machinist recently told me that the Twisted Wedge heads were known to be a porous casting, which allowed oil to leak through the Aluminum, and into the combustion chamber.
This is how he justified not replacing the valve seals like I had asked.

I agree with Jason - go in there with a friendly attitude and treat them as you are being treated in return. If you give the shop an out that doesnt make them lose face, they might be more friendly.

That said, I wouldnt get hosed either.

Good luck.