help on tire size

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
NE, OH
hey guys, im thinking about getting the 2000 cobra R wheels 18x9's. What would be a good tire size and how big can I get for the back. thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

The Ford Y2K rims are 9.5", and I have 275's in the rear and will go to 285's in the Potenza SO-3's (great tire btw). I have seen 295 Goodrich KD's on this rim and it didn't look odd or that it was buldging too much.

I wish there was a 10-10.5" version of this rim so I could get 315's, I wouldn't be able to run the SO-3's but I'm sure I could find another tire.

nice car Hoppy, yeah, i think im getting them wheels. i love the way they look on your car. I thinking about 275's in the back, still debating though

bakos24 said:
nice car Hoppy, yeah, i think im getting them wheels. i love the way they look on your car. I thinking about 275's in the back, still debating though

Thanks for the compliment!!!! :D

I would minimally go 275's out back. I'm actually thinking about a rim change so I can go 315's. If not I will go 285 rear and 265 front.

Don't go too small on the fronts like I did....looks a bit odd.....I misunderstood what a Ford tech told me about tire size difference and throwing ABS codes. He said differences great than 0.5" may throw codes, and I thought he meant from the stock sizes, when he really was saying differences between the front and rear sizes. The tires I have now are virtually identical in height to the stock tire sizes.

**EDIT** Did you get your rims yet? I got mine at Gene Evans Ford and had them shipped to my tire dealer. The price was real good on the rims there, my tire dealer said he couldn't touch the price GEF was offering.

Hoppy said:
**EDIT** Did you get your rims yet? I got mine at Gene Evans Ford and had them shipped to my tire dealer. The price was real good on the rims there, my tire dealer said he couldn't touch the price GEF was offering.
yea i just order them about 3-4 hrs ago from mustangtuning. they were the cheapest I found around + free shipping and saved 36 bucks using the discount code.