Here Is My Plan, Is This Good Or????

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
My car had some aftermarket cold air pipe... (not sue of brand) but also had the stock air box in the trunk... When I put the rebuilt motor back in... I was thinking of doing this...

1. Using stock air box with K&N filter (it pulls air from the same place, fender well, plus doesn't have that metal tube that will just heat up...).

2. getting the MAF (figure I would just buy new one from Rockauto) for a 94-95 Mustang (this should be 70mm if I read right). and works with the stock 19lb injectors without any tuning?

3. Get a Acufab 65mm TB with the EGR plate.

My motor was bored .30 over, I have E303 cam, GT40P heads (trickflow springs are installed), and the good explorer intake (the one with the internal EGR, so I can't hook my stuff back up).
I have a set of the 19lb Explorer injectors (4 holes spray batter than one :) )
the air pump is being '86'ed , have the FordRaching GT40P headers, and UPR X-pipe with the 2 cats.

I'm thinking of getting the MSD plug-n-play distributor,

I just got my rear back from having 3.73 gears installed with all new bearings and the Cobra type carbon clutch disc's.

So, is getting the MAF,TB, and using the stock filter housing with K&N a good plan?

Not a track car, just a fun weekend cruiser....

• Sponsors (?)

stock intake box, kn panel filter with the silencer removed is actually a good setup so you should be fine with that. Skip over that MSD distributor though and just go with an oem replacement if you need one.

Reactions: 1 user