Here's a great talk thread!

slytherin

Apr 5, 2004
northeast ohio
When and how are the mods/owner gonna fix the post counts? To me post counts = respect, for example when you get answers from a guy in the upper eschelon(sp) of post counts I.E. Paul or wystang etc. you know you are getting good solid info. I like helping people when I can and if I cant I like to try and keep their thread up top so maybe someone with the answer will chime in. To me the more the count the more seriously you take the info.

• Sponsors (?)

If someone gives me information that seems like it's right, chances are, I'll take it and use it. Post count really doesn't do that much for me....it's unfortunate, but really...to me, who cares???

yea...its good advice from guys like Paul and others that KNOW what they are talking...but then there are others that have even more posts and give bad info.

Unless you know the guy, dont take what he says as right/wrong just cause of his post count. Everything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt.

To me, post count = pissing contest. Some people post 25 times a day, while others mostly just read, and post once or twice a day if that. Sorry, but post count != knowledge.

For me, I take people much more seriously if they use correct grammar/punctuation (I'm not talking about typos here, but rather run on sentences that make no sense, etc....I'm not a grammar Nazi either, I jsut find it hard to take somone seriously if they seemingly have no grasp of the English language), talk in a mature tone, and don't act like a know-it-all (i.e. stating when they are not sure about something, rather than leading you to believe that their misinformation is fact.)

Same goes for registration date. Is this really pertinent information that must be displayed for all to see? What is the point other than bragging rights? :shrug:

xr8d302 said:
beatyoass.gif

Scot_94GT said:
To me, post count = pissing contest. Some people post 25 times a day, while others mostly just read, and post once or twice a day if that. Sorry, but post count != knowledge.

For me, I take people much more seriously if they use correct grammar/punctuation (I'm not talking about typos here, but rather run on sentences that make no sense, etc....I'm not a grammar Nazi either, I jsut find it hard to take somone seriously if they seemingly have no grasp of the English language), talk in a mature tone, and don't act like a know-it-all (i.e. stating when they are not sure about something, rather than leading you to believe that their misinformation is fact.)

Same goes for registration date. Is this really pertinent information that must be displayed for all to see? What is the point other than bragging rights? :shrug:
You can't even spell. :nonono: