HI, All Need Help

Also, if you guys can please PLEASE help me with fitment, tires, and wheels.

I want to do a widebody with some nice thick tires. Since I'm going with the 04 IRS swap set up and 94 front spindles, I don't know which way to go with the rims.

WIll I need spacers to pull it off? OR what?

• Sponsors (?)

@CarMichael Angelo, I've got nothing for you. I'm actually curious on what you would have to say. These aren't the guys I was referring to. Let em have it!
This is the way they all are. Like I said in the rant thread, I rarely just go out and jump somebody.
Then they reference my age with regard to my word usage,....( and to think,..the guy is questioning MY word usage).. especially when they have to ask another “ which exhaust is best” question.
For the one millionth time..

It almost requires too much effort to bother.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Also, if you guys can please PLEASE help me with fitment, tires, and wheels.

I want to do a widebody with some nice thick tires. Since I'm going with the 04 IRS swap set up and 94 front spindles, I don't know which way to go with the rims.

WIll I need spacers to pull it off? OR what?

The terms 'wide body' and 'spacers' in reference to the same project means that nobody bothered to to their homework.

No... You should not go through all the hassle and expense of doing a widebody and still use spacers. Is the widebody something you've actually looked into or is something shiny that you saw before?

click on the link to take you to his page
click on find
select all threads by...

The terms 'wide body' and 'spacers' in reference to the same project means that nobody bothered to to their homework.

No... You should not go through all the hassle and expense of doing a widebody and still use spacers. Is the widebody something you've actually looked into or is something shiny that you saw before?

He saw it on his video game.

Damn good question.

I only decided I wanted to do a widebody or fender flares for this build a week ago. As I said b4, I am completely new to building cars; which is why Steve suggested I come here.

I'm taking this thing in stages, but this damn virus mess has me stuck at home with nothing to do, so I'm pushing up my time frame a ton.

It takes some research to do a "wide body" you have to pick the correct wheel size and offset etc. I run a IRS fender flares and 18x10 front and rear with 275s. Not as easy to do it as you would think.

Damn good question.

I only decided I wanted to do a widebody or fender flares for this build a week ago. As I said b4, I am completely new to building cars; which is why Steve suggested I come here.

I'm taking this thing in stages, but this damn virus mess has me stuck at home with nothing to do, so I'm pushing up my time frame a ton.

I think you need to start with the basics:

Suspension
Engine and drive-train
Electrical
Fuel and Air Delivery

The moment you start hacking up a car in the way necessary to accommodation a widebody, you might as well call the wrecker to pull that turd out of the yard. This isn't something you're going to "'work out" over the internet.

Flares like this?

Jesus... :nonono:

Don't you have a job to... nevermind
:leaving:

It takes some research to do a "wide body" you have to pick the correct wheel size and offset etc. I run a IRS fender flares and 18x10 front and rear with 275s. Not as easy to do it as you would think.
Nothing comes easy for me.. You should have been there when Steve was helping me install my DD EFI. Poor man was on the phone with me for 3 hours.

Pics of my flares they are the chicane flares posted above. It is not something you just bolt to the car. There is cutting welding filling trimming etc

fox1.jpg
wing 2.jpg
wing 3.jpg

• Drool
Reactions: 2 users
I [would] however, recommend you read every suspension and brake post and thread that you can find that is started by @Mustang5L5

You can click on that link and do a search for threads that he has started. Once you've taken in the meat of those threads, you will have a much better understanding of what to ask about suspension and braking.

Suspension
Engine and drive-train
Electrical
Fuel and Air Delivery

The moment you start hacking up a car in the way necessary to accommodation a widebody, you might as well call the wrecker to pull that turd out of the yard. This isn't something you're going to "'work out" over the internet.

Respect!

So, here was my original plan:

=> Get the car running correctly on the Mega Squirt = CHECK
=> Fix all the loose ends: Mechanical issues, Electrical Issues etc = In Progress
=> Upgrade the Suspension = In Progress
=> Maximize the engine performance Naturally Aspirated = N/A
=> Turbo Charge or Super Charge = N/A
=> Fabricate a Widebody/Fender Flares = N/A

So, I am jumping around a bit as far as questions.

Nothing comes easy for me.. You should have been there when Steve was helping me install my DD EFI. Poor man was on the phone with me for 3 hours.
What Noobz was saying was that You have to do the research. I realize that a lot of reading, and having to comb through dozens of previous threads from several different websites is way harder than getting on here and demanding that people help you to save you from “quitting“, :nonono: but like you’ve already said....You now have a lot of time on your hands.

Reactions: 1 user
There is also a ton of info in the tech forum.

Suspension
Engine and drive-train
Electrical
Fuel and Air Delivery

AND NO! I do not like the look of those flares. It looks incomplete to me, but them tires, tho.....:crazy:

What Noobz was saying was that You have to do the research. I realize that a lot of reading, and having to comb through dozens of previous threads from several different websites is way harder than getting on here and demanding that people help you to save you from “quitting“, :nonono: but like you’ve already said...You now have a lot of time on your hands.
I understand where you are coming from, however, that was nowhere near my intent. I was referred here by Steve and he suggested I ask my questions here.
He explained to me that most of what I want to do has already been done and the wealth of knowledge on this forum will help me a :poo: ton.

Respect!

So, here was my original plan:

=> Get the car running correctly on the Mega Squirt = CHECK
=> Fix all the loose ends: Mechanical issues, Electrical Issues etc = In Progress
=> Upgrade the Suspension = In Progress
=> Maximize the engine performance Naturally Aspirated = N/A
=> Turbo Charge or Super Charge = N/A
=> Fabricate a Widebody/Fender Flares = N/A

So, I am jumping around a bit as far as questions.

That's cool... There's a lot to look at, at one time when there's a vision in your head and you're trying to mix it with reality.