HI, All Need Help

Pics of my flares they are the chicane flares posted above. It is not something you just bolt to the car. There is cutting welding filling trimming etc

fox1.jpg
wing 2.jpg
wing 3.jpg
I'm going to make a mold of my fenders/quarter panels and dial-in the fitment etc b4 cutting anything.

• Sponsors (?)

I would want flairs that can be fitted to the body and not riveted or fiberglassed.
I think that kit is not metal.

Werd times 1000!!!!!!!

(before I'm slain for using the word, "werd"; We invented that too. We even have a smiley for it that's been around longer than most accounts :word: See? )

Metal or forget about it. Exceptions are for road course cars [only].

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
...and just a friendly tip (take it or leave it)

You should at least look at @CarMichael Angelo 's build thread before you write the old coot off as an old coot. Juss' sayin' there might be things in there that would help you [greatly] with the suspension you're trying to achieve on a Fox.
And it is very entertaining too!!!

...and just a friendly tip (take it or leave it)

You should at least look at @CarMichael Angelo 's build thread before you write the old coot off as an old coot. Juss' sayin' there might be things in there that would help you [greatly] with the suspension you're trying to achieve on a Fox.

LMFAO!!! I'm just firing back from his noob comment. I've read some of his posts and can see he has knowledge that can only be rivaled by Horus.

All in good fun.

LMFAO!!! I'm just firing back from his noob comment. I've read some of his posts and can see he has knowledge that can only be rivaled by Horus.

All in good fun.

I am the ultimate Noob around here. I take offense to those that take offense to Noobs :p It's something we should all aspire to be. Not always but sometimes, it allows you to hear things that you might not otherwise. :O_o:

I am the ultimate Noob around here. I take offense to those that take offense to Noobs :p It's something we should all aspire to be. Not always but sometimes, it allows you to hear things that you might not otherwise. :O_o:
Respect!

It's just so funny to me when guys forget we all were noobs at some point. Even the old Geezer with the 78 Fairmont. (POKE)

The spacing I use for my IRS are 42mm in the rear... a 8mm spacer on each rear with stock California edition 2014 18s ( 50mm ). I have sn95 front spindles with 1/2 spacers on the front...37mm ?. I could bring the front out another 1/4 inch to be square. I used moroso 3.5 inch hardened studs. My front spacers are hub centric.

I was debating flares too at one point. Decided not to go that route because I'd have to cut my quarters. I run a 265 tire in the rear...245 up front. The spacer ( 8mm ) was needed to get the tire to not rub inside. Once you go flared there's no coming back. I've never seen a flared car that looked perfect. In order to get them the way I'd want it would have to be done myself. It's taken about 3yrs and still not done with my Terminator bumper...the flares would take me 20yrs. I have the skill....sometimes I have the time...I just don't feel like messing with it and enjoy time doing other stuff.

I do like the look of the flared cars... even ones with exposed rivets and the blended ones. It's just not the look im going for right now. These couples are getting more and more pricey. I'd hate to do something that takes all the value out of the body.

The spacing I use for my IRS are 42mm in the rear... a 8mm spacer on each rear with stock California edition 2014 18s ( 50mm ). I have sn95 front spindles with 1/2 spacers on the front...37mm ?. I could bring the front out another 1/4 inch to be square. I used moroso 3.5 inch hardened studs. My front spacers are hub centric.

I was debating flares too at one point. Decided not to go that route because I'd have to cut my quarters. I run a 265 tire in the rear...245 up front. The spacer ( 8mm ) was needed to get the tire to not rub inside. Once you go flared there's no coming back. I've never seen a flared car that looked perfect. In order to get them the way I'd want it would have to be done myself. It's taken about 3yrs and still not done with my Terminator bumper...the flares would take me 20yrs. I have the skill....sometimes I have the time...I just don't feel like messing with it and enjoy time doing other stuff.

I do like the look of the flared cars... even ones with exposed rivets and the blended ones. It's just not the look im going for right now. These couples are getting more and more pricey. I'd hate to do something that takes all the value out of the body.
Thank You!!!

This is what I needed!

I was debating on not cutting the quarter panel as well, BUT I'm going to do it. Since I'm doing all the work myself I know I'll get the look I am looking for.

As far as the flares... I can't find one that I like, sadly. They all just make the car look incomplete to me. I don't mind the rivet look.

I do want to go bigger with the tires, tho.

Yeah man...I know the feeling. I'd love to have a 275 or bigger in the rear. My quarters aren't rolled and I haven't taken a BFH to the inner wheel well. This is with a 245. ( old picture )

20200105_154712.jpg

I wish I could get more than 265...but I don't see how it would fit without modifying. I think there's a guy here that has 275s on his irs fox. I'd like to know how he did it.

Yeah man...I know the feeling. I'd love to have a 275 or bigger in the rear. My quarters aren't rolled and I haven't taken a BFH to the inner wheel well. This is with a 245. ( old picture )

20200105_154712.jpg

I wish I could get more than 265...but I don't see how it would fit without modifying. I think there's a guy here that has 275s on his irs fox. I'd like to know how he did it.
See.. That's why I've decided to just go with a fender flare or wide body kit.

I want to run 275 or 315 but I am still learning about the pros and cons of negative offset. And since my clearance is different from the cobras, I need to get the math right... Hence the widebody thing.

Rolling the fenders will only support so much (what I'm hearing.)

Also, I want maximum handling! I don't care about how many tires I go through a year to accomplish that goal. I didn't buy this car to save money... Its one of my dream cars and I want her to fit me and what I want to do. Even if it is to just drive to work.

My friends drag race their cars. They all have cut the lip off and welded the outer and inner quarters. Can't really tell...but I don't want to do that. My car has rubber spacers in the springs from my previous car. They won't sag enough to put the lip below the tire. Technically, I could come outwards with a wider wheel. And make it flush with the lip.

Crazy thing is I have a Percy Wheelrite tool. I just have been to caught up in other things to actually measure it. Smh I should do that this weekend.

My friends drag race their cars. They all have cut the lip off and welded the outer and inner quarters. Can't really tell...but I don't want to do that. My car has rubber spacers in the springs from my previous car. They won't sag enough to put the lip below the tire. Technically, I could come outwards with a wider wheel. And make it flush with the lip.

Crazy thing is I have a Percy Wheelrite tool. I just have been to caught up in other things to actually measure it. Smh I should do that this weekend.
Well, drag racing isn't my thing...

"THEN, WTF DID YOU GET A MUSTANG???????"

I know... I know, but I love mustangs. Ever since I was a boy, I've been crazy about them. And, yes! I could have gone with something that was made for handling.... But what's the fun in that????

I cannot wait to see the look on the persons face when I blow his Miata out of the water!

Okay, maybe I'm reaching a bit with the Miata, but still..