Holy Christmas Batman, does this look normal?

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
so what do you get when you have a contamanited SPEC II clutch that will not hold past 4,000 RPM's and you have to drive it like that from last May to last Oct???

attachment.php

attachment.php

At last my slipping clutch problems are finially solved, now once this is fixed and the car is back on the road in a few more weeks I'll be able to rev it past 4,000 RPM's since the blower install. The pressure plate should be fine, just needs to be cleaned up but Im calling SPEC in the morn to see about getting a new disc.

• Sponsors (?)

Ever seen a clutch that roasted so much it actually VISIBLY warped the flywheel. :D

I would not use a SPEC Stage 3 with a stock T5. It will be a matter of WHEN, not IF, it eats the transmission alive...

Joe

Joes95GT said:
Ever seen a clutch that roasted so much it actually VISIBLY warped the flywheel. :D

I would not use a SPEC Stage 3 with a stock T5. It will be a matter of WHEN, not IF, it eats the transmission alive...

Joe

good point, I just got off the phone w/ SPEC and the replacement II Disc is $127, hes Said I could upgrade to a III for $135, tempting but my T-5 wont handel it. I'll be in the ball park of 350 RWHP ( I hope ) once the car is up and running in a few wks and a few more mods. Im well within range of a II considering there rated for 500 FT LBS and I'll be somewhere close to 400 even though there ratings are FWTQ.