Hooking Up Parking Brake After Disc Conversion???

I'm thinking about doing the handle mod because there was a TSB out for sn95 cars and the e brake releasing on its own or not engaging fully.

So, the mod seems to be the only way to have reliable parking brakes....even for sn95 cars. They also have an issue with water and debris getting in the passenger cable causing it to drag or lock up. No real fix for that either.

Yeah, the SN95 cars have an issue with the self adjuster causing the brakes to release. The TSB fix basically locks the adjuster down, just like welding the pawl does.

I'd recommend welding it for sure. However, since your adjustment is now a threaded cable, it means putting the car on a lift or stands and crawling under and reaching over the driveshaft to thread in the nut.

Keep in mind new cables stretch, so I had to go under the car 2 times to tighten it up enough to hold. My brake works pretty good now. Next time I throw it on a lift (my buddy has one) I will tighten it up a tad further.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Very good to know. To be clear, if I purchase the 2 parts listed above, I can modify the brake lever as shown on that link you posted, and everything is great right. Thanks for your reply
Yes, it will prevent the e-brake from trying to adjust itself. The problem lies in the design of the calipers which don't retract properly after the e-brake is released.

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate all of the input. If any of you guys are in, or are ever on the east coast near Delaware/philly, Beers on me! A lot of the info you guys provide is super helpful, especially when my time and knowledge about these cars is currently limited. I appreciate you guys.

Reactions: 1 users