Horse power guess on my 14' GT

5ptSloh

Feb 22, 2020
York, Pa.
So I bought a completely stock 2014 gt with under 15k miles about two months ago, since then ive put an exhaust, cat delete, and a tune required C&L cai on it, and ive got a sct with bama custom tunes on it and i always run 93 octane. out of curiousity im wondering about where you guys would think where i stand at RWHP, ive read many different numbers for the car being stock from lots of people but theyre alll so different i dont know what to believe anywhere from 350 RWHP - 375 RWHP. Also my car is a manual since i know that makes a difference. Thanks in advance ladies and gentleman.

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,
Gains of 25-40 RWHP over stock are not uncommon with a good Tune and freeing up the induction & exhaust system in a Coyote 5.0. It’s important to note that you will lose any extended warranty or power train warranty if modifications are found by a Dealer, Ford recently put this into effect, just an FYI.
Removing Cats doesn’t gain much any discernible HP/TQ, there’s many that flow excellent, stock units flow decently as well.
Run it on a DYNO & know for certain, or do a 0-60 & see what it runs consistently, that will easily transfer into what it’s planting as well.
Good luck!
-John

Hi,
Don’t be so concerned with numbers, it’s how much you enjoy your ride!
Since you asked, I’ll answer..
Average drivetrain loss is 15% less than Gross HP to RWHP, placing your 2014 Coyote’s 420CRANK or Gross HP loss at -63RWHP (420BHP *15= 63RWHP, so you’re planting 357RWHP (stock), which isn’t too shabby (which also PLANTED that shi* eating grin on your face when you bought it-remember...?). Can a Coyote do better? Hel* dam^ YES.. Drop a Kenne Bell on it and clear for takeoff!!
Realistically..I’m guessing...low mileage, you’re running a C & L Racer CAI, and ran an upper tier free flowing exhaust (no Longtubes) with an X pipe Cat delete, a correlating Catback and a “high” (93 Octane) Bama Tune.. you should be be planting just shy of that 15% drivetrain loss- right around 400RWHP.
Keep in mind every car is different.
If the car plants it well and doesn’t skate all over the road, then you might consider the most cost effective Mod, (below) with some Zerk fitted Poly rear control arms & some stickies out back should nail 60 MPH in 3-1/2 sec’s, May gain a tenth if you lose the back seat! lol:jester:

Great Car! Enjoy every second of it!
Best!
-John
P.S.: Don’t forget about any extended power train warranty(ies) you may have, don’t want to void them, if not- have at it!.

Last edited: