Progress Thread Horse Sense - 66 Coupe To Fastback Conversion

horse sence updated Horse Sense - 66 Coupe to Fastback Conversion with a new update entry:

Aug.25 2013 upper a arm drop

Read the rest of this update entry...

horse sence updated Horse Sense - 66 Coupe to Fastback Conversion with a new update entry:

Sept 1 2013 sanded to bare metal

Sept. 1 dent ...BE GONE!

i talked with my paint shop yesterday, they say they have a new red oxide epoxy primer .should have some buy tuesday. i should be able to sand blast and prime by next weekend . once primed i can take it off the rotisserie.next step will be what little body work there is ,pretty much just the panel joints. i think this one will go Wimbledon white and Guardsman blue. i already have the paint so that will not be a problem. i want to block sand it very well so it may take a week or two to have it ready to paint.

Sept. 12. 9 inch rear housing

Sept. 13. primer is here

Im debating what color striping to do.. its gonna run from the hood vents and back over the car.. I want to run a dark charcoal I think.. don't want white. That color that is on the 2013 GT500 wheel is wicked but not sure how to make that color work out... see attached.

Sept.20 it is blasted

i went back down to the shop last night and sealed all the seams. i would have liked to have sealed every seam on the car but 4 tubes didn't go as far as i thought it would. i at least sealed the floor ,around the wheel tubs and the cowl and fire wall so there will not be any leaks.
i did the body work today and spot primed .will probably take most of the day tomorrow but i should get it all in red primer.once i get it primed it will come off the rotisserie. next step will be sanding off the black on the doors and fenders and putting them in red primer .i don't think they have a dent in them so they should be easy.

Sept. 22 Aint she purdy in brown primer?

Sept. 27 brake ducts