horsepower

zeusmoto

Feb 15, 2004
utah
hey guys another question about how much rwhp do you think i am putting to the pavement with this setup?
- vortech s-trim supercharger running about 11 psi (i think)
-gt40 upper and lower manifolds
-k&n cold air
-dual flo's
-80mm mass air meter
-underdrive pulleys
-3.55 rear end
-BBK headers
-msd igntition
-lower profile tires with some racing rims
- a new 4 core racing radiator

also i was wondering what times you think i would be pulling in the 1/4 with these mods?

• Sponsors (?)

Blue89gt said:
look what im making with my pullied a-trim and totally stock motor..

Another tough as nails 302 :nice: How many miles has the s/c been on it? Maybe i'm wrong on the boost level, cory might have had the stock pully and made 330 with 6psi :shrug: So yeah, maybe 380ish like mentioned above :spot:

Nitrous Tommy said:
no way, 11's..??? with 320rwhp!!?? with a 3.55????

is that on a stock 302 block?

what kind of trans?

I say 385rwhp with a 3.73

Umm...I was "obviously" wrong on the horsepower estimate...but you can get in the 11's with 320rwhp with traction no doubt...a 3.55 and 373 aren't that much different... :shrug:

hey so 320 or 350 for all my mods i have 15,000 in reciepts just for parts invested and all i am pulling is 350 horsepower? no one think i am in the 400's? dammit what adisappointment. well it is a pretty stock block, but i was think 400 at least, guess i was wrong DAMMIT

zeusmoto said:
hey so 320 or 350 for all my mods i have 15,000 in reciepts just for parts invested and all i am pulling is 350 horsepower? no one think i am in the 400's? dammit what adisappointment. well it is a pretty stock block, but i was think 400 at least, guess i was wrong DAMMIT

What did you spend 15,000 on...??? You have about 400 flywheel horsepower but 350 to the wheels...

last combo made 285 rwhp and 307lb tq..

RIP

185 afr heads
crower cam
1.7 rr
extrude honed cobra intake
75mm pro m
bbk shorties
flowtech x off road
two chamber flows

the day i bought my s trim i blew up the engine, what r the chances huh.. So then i had to dig a little deeper in the pockets and found

custom 331 w/ sportsman block
s trim that i purchased
AFM power pipe
mild ported 185 afr heads w/ 3 angle valve job upgraded .600 springs
same cam ( cam was a little to big for the 302, low end SUCKED !! )
tfs track heat intake
accufab 75mm throttle body
80mm pro m
42lb injectors, 255 walbro in tank, vortech inline pump, kurban fuel regulator
bbk long tube
2 1/2 dr.gas x pipe ( no cats )
2 1/2 spintech exhaust
aluminum flywheel
centerforce dual friction clutch
t5 z tranny
aluminum flywheel
3:73 gears
GR40 auto x kit to come in the next 2-4 months ...

SO i guess it turned out to be ok :o) ... YA just gotta dig a little deeper to get to the roots of the account.. Thats what the performance shop says, WIsdom I tell ya, wisdom !!

130 amp alternator, 4 core radiator, racing rims,new 4 racing 4 speed tranny, kenny brown bracing kit, underdrive pulleys,ram air hood,flex-a-lite fan, accel super coils and accesories, racing ignition wires, bbk cold air induction,edelbrock throttle bodies, gt-40 intake manifold, ford motorsports hi-flo injectors, band M hammer shifter, BBK equal length shorty headers,highvolume elctric fuel pump, electric gauges,battery relocation, vortech s-trim supercharger, msd ricu, bbk power plus in line fuel pump, slicks,camber adjustment, billet adj regulator, and racing seats that isnt any of the smaller stuff but will someone please give me a new hp estimate,
oh yeah i forgot to say my k and n colr air

yea sounds good..

but understand there are many things that go with hp.. honestly man, i wouldnt worry about ur hp.. i would worry about putting the hp down to the ground an be able to have traction to run.. honestly, having 350-400 rwhp in a street car is fricken a lot of hp.. if you had a killar suspension kit, no one an i mean 99% of the cars on the street u would smash.. that 1 % is someone who is thinkn on ur page with just more hp.. but worry bout puttting it to the ground.. i cant tell u how many times ive lost to other rides that are n/a against my supercharged 5.0 that was pushen over 400 at the wheels.. It sucks an ur first instinct is to push down the pedal more an that just makes it worse.. Ya feel me !

zeusmoto said:
130 amp alternator, 4 core radiator, racing rims,new 4 racing 4 speed tranny, kenny brown bracing kit, underdrive pulleys,ram air hood,flex-a-lite fan, accel super coils and accesories, racing ignition wires, bbk cold air induction,edelbrock throttle bodies, gt-40 intake manifold, ford motorsports hi-flo injectors, band M hammer shifter, BBK equal length shorty headers,highvolume elctric fuel pump, electric gauges,battery relocation, vortech s-trim supercharger, msd ricu, bbk power plus in line fuel pump, slicks,camber adjustment, billet adj regulator, and racing seats that isnt any of the smaller stuff but will someone please give me a new hp estimate,
oh yeah i forgot to say my k and n colr air

When you first said that you spent 15,000 and were dissapointed in your horsepower numbers...I thought you meant things like your radiator were going to give you horsepower...lol

I would be happy with you horsepower...seems like it handles good and has dang good power... :nice:

You still have stock heads/cam. I would still not guess above 380ishRWHP. Besides, at best you are guessing you boost levels. Buy some good heads and a good blower cam to go with that "S" trim and expect RWHP to be around the 500 mark. Also expect to split that thing in half and run you're crank over :rlaugh:

what would be some nice heads to get and the blower cam, its kind of hard to figure out wehre to get a good one and stuff, so i was alos wondering how do you tell what kind of s/c you have i bought mine off of a guy who blew his engine racing and i am pretty sure it is an s-trim, but i cant tell for sure, anyone have any s/c identification thoughts?