How does a bolt-on 4.6 2V compare to a stock 350Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimchim

May 14, 2004
PA
Let's just say I came up next to one at the track today. It seemed as though I smoked him from 70-100. Then, he gave me the ricer fly-by and I let him go up to what appeared to be about 150. I kept waiting on the po-po to show up, but no luck there. Anyway, cruising along, we both looked and knew what was happening and I bet I put 4 cars on him 70-100. Maybe it was an auto or he wasn't paying attention??? Anybody got any stories with 350s??? :shrug:

MODS: lock this down before someone realizes it's a street racing thread. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

with your mods you should beat one in a race, but it would own you in the curves.

They are pretty much a drivers race with a stock 99-04 GT 5 speed in the 1/4. They are a good overall sports car. I would own one if I had the extra cash for a 25K second car.

04DarkShadowGT said:
with your mods you should beat one in a race, but it would own you in the curves.

They are pretty much a drivers race with a stock 99-04 GT 5 speed in the 1/4. They are a good overall sports car. I would own one if I had the extra cash for a 25K second car.
haha no curves. Just straight "race track" today. They do look amazing. :nice:

WillDuhhBeast said:
Have you actually experianced this "equal" performance?

I have other experiances with both the older and newer models.. with the newer model being a much faster car.

I've been racing my best friends z weekly for about 3 years now. I've only seen the 300 hp Z at the track once to be honest. Guy ran a 14.2. Then again, the numbers don't lie.

The new Z has:

13 hp more
14 lbs of torque less
125 lbs of weight more

According to you that equals "a MUCH faster car". Ok.

Not to mention that in every test I've read on the new Z the performance numbers are pretty close to the older version.

ToplessStang said:
I've been racing my best friends z weekly for about 3 years now. I've only seen the 300 hp Z at the track once to be honest. Guy ran a 14.2. Then again, the numbers don't lie.

The new Z has:

13 hp more
14 lbs of torque less
125 lbs of weight more

According to you that equals "a MUCH faster car". Ok.

Not to mention that in every test I've read on the new Z the performance numbers are pretty close to the older version.
numbers don't lie :p
math makes the world go 'round...
i'd think the loss of tq would negate the hp gains. what do those weigh in at? Its one of the only new cars i have not driven yet. I have driven the G35 M6 and that was fun.

i have driven a lot of z's the 300hp version is no faster from what I have seen. stock for stock they are a good 1/4 race, but they tend to pull away at higher speeds. mod for mod, good competition. and when your car gains 13 peak hp and loses torque, its not " alot faster "

Let's not stereotype drivers. I have seen good and bad from each driver of many different cars and trucks.

Also, handling is very similar.

A 350Z will beat a stock 98 and down gt...you just have to have a good driver. A 99+ car will usually get the win by a bit, with a good driver. The Mustang has the advantage, slight.

Status
Not open for further replies.