How to remove the emergency trunk release and key release? Please help...

whosdady

Dec 6, 2004
Has anyone tried to do this? I have a 2001 Saleen and I feel this plastic glow in the dark peice in teh trunk takes away from my car. I am about ready to cut it off. I wonder if anything would happen if you cut it?

Anyway, if there is a good way to remove this please let me know. Also I really don't like the key release lever. Is there a way to delete this as well?

• Sponsors (?)

You spend a lot of time in your trunk? :D

I believe it is in fact mechanical (merely connects to the trunk lid release...pulling on it pulls the release catch open), so I'd say just cut the handle off you don't like it. N.B. plenty of high-end cars like MBs have these as well...

Of course, you'll wish you didn't if one day you get carjacked and thrown in your trunk... :D

You guys are too much :)

No I am not planning on kidnapping anyone in the near future, I just hate it when my friends ask me what that thing is hanging there. It looks like one of those cheap air freshener trees.

Anyway, a friend asked if he could get in the trunk to see if it really glowed in the dark. At that time I knew it was time to remove it.

After reading a couple posts I did cut the piece off but now the trunk does not stay shut. What do I do now????

whosdady said:
You guys are too much :)

No I am not planning on kidnapping anyone in the near future, I just hate it when my friends ask me what that thing is hanging there. It looks like one of those cheap air freshener trees.

Anyway, a friend asked if he could get in the trunk to see if it really glowed in the dark. At that time I knew it was time to remove it.

After reading a couple posts I did cut the piece off but now the trunk does not stay shut. What do I do now????

JB WELD??? :shrug: :bang:

propellerhead said:
Has anyone cut the DO NOT REMOVE tags off their pillows?

It's really okay to do that - just don't use it to roll a doobie! The law will show no mercy. :rolleyes:

And if your buddies think that truck release handle looks like a cheap air freshner - tell you spent all those thousands of dollars on an expensive air freshner that came with a really cheap car attached. :banana: