How to remove Wiper fluid resivor, and other weight?

silverGTSaleen said:
So what is easier bolting the holes or fliping the pipe? If i just pull the tube and put bolts in the hole will i have to do anything else to it?

Blocking the holes with bolts is a major PITA with the heads in the car. You can try all you want but I bet a dollar against a donut you'll just waste time. As I mentioned before, the problem is the sooty carbon buildup in the threads. It's near impossible to clean too considering the angle you have against the firewall.

Here's a drawing of what I mean by "flipping the tube." After removing that pipe, cut the pipes off the blocks with a hacksaw (or that handy Dremel!). Flip them over and reinstall! If you need any more clarification, let me know and I'll make a more detailed drawing (and NO making fun of my lack of artistic talent!).

nah... fliping the bar is the PITA

I had to twist mine and break it top pull it out.

putting in the bolts was a pice of cake and took like 10 minutes in the dark.... only because you have to turn them an 1/8-1/4 turn at a time

Nice work, I love the drawings I figure ill cut the pipe un-screw the bolts and try to put the plugs in i just got ( like the ones in the pic above) if i cant get them in cause of the build up Ill flip the blocks. In case i resort to fliping the block do i need to use any kind of sealent to seal the block the the head, so i dont get any kind of leaks? Thanks again!

95snoozer said:
nah... fliping the bar is the PITA

I had to twist mine and break it top pull it out.

putting in the bolts was a pice of cake and took like 10 minutes in the dark.... only because you have to turn them an 1/8-1/4 turn at a time

My experience was the complete opposite. There was no way bolts were going into those heads due to the carbon buildup.

silverGTSaleen said:
In case i resort to fliping the block do i need to use any kind of sealent to seal the block the the head, so i dont get any kind of leaks?

Reading is essential.